Show Navigation Menu
Media

Gothic Tv Shows?

More
14 years 10 months ago #159 by RavenDarkmoon
Douse any one remember the TV show Forever Knight? I believe it came out in the early to mid 90's and was a vampire flick. It was based on Nick Knight, a vamp who was a cop who wanted to be mortal again....

So give me a shout out if you remember it. So I know I'm not the only \"knight\" fan :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #172 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Gothic Tv Shows?
I'm afraid not, I was only a small child in the mid 90s. But it's nice to know there are more gothic TV shows out there; I've heard of Urban Gothic but never watched it and there are cartoons like Ruby Gloom, but I haven't seen a good prime-time gothic drama. Unless we count Pushing Daisies... I'm a big fan of that...

More
14 years 10 months ago #174 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Gothic Tv Shows?
I think we can count Pushing Daisies... there were dead peole walking around in it, how much more gothic can you get?! That was a great show, very quirky and well written. Which is probably why it was cancelled, just a little too odd for the average viewer to grasp. I liked Charmed as well, I've got almost all of the seasons of that on DVD now.

As for shows that are still on the air, I think Medium is my favourite. I tried to get into Ghost Whisperer, but never quite took to it. They both usually wrap up the story in each episode, but it's not always a completely happy ending on Medium, whereas GW always seems a bit too sappy for me.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #177 by RavenDarkmoon
Replied by RavenDarkmoon on topic Re:Gothic Tv Shows?
I wasnt around when a tv show called Dark Shadows cam out in the late 60's. Im not that old but I do rember watching it later on in life whene it repeated itself on tv. Its was a vampire based story with a twist.
If you could get past the look of the show. Agian it wasnt the best special effect after all it was the 60's. And trust me the costumes you could see the bell bottoms. Once you get past the shock of the costumes and looked deeper the story line wasn't that bad.
But I believe it was one of the start's to having Gothic tv for the sure fact it was a story line the main person was a vampire.

The did try and remake it in the 80's but went no where. Some time you cant mess with a cult classic.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by RavenDarkmoon.

More
14 years 10 months ago #178 by nay.mayfair
Replied by nay.mayfair on topic Re:Gothic Tv Shows?
I do not remember any gothic tv shows here in Brazil ...:(

More
14 years 10 months ago #180 by RavenDarkmoon
Replied by RavenDarkmoon on topic Re:Gothic Tv Shows?
Sorry, I didn't know you where from there. I'm from the USA and I guess it only showed over here.
I got to keep in mind not every one is from here.
Got to love the internet. Being able to talk to people from other country's is so cool. :)

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds