Show Navigation Menu
Media

Drowning in Vampire Stories

More
13 years 7 months ago #26079 by Kuroboshi
I don't think I'd be thanking the recent trend of more romantic and less dangerous vampires for creating stories out of retaliation.

It just makes you think whether they are doing it to spite Meyer and the others a sort of \"THESE ARE WHAT VAMPIRES REALLY ARE!\" attitude (which I have addressed in more length, somewhat, in the Twilight thread).

I don't think we actually need people writing more vampire literature just in retaliation when there is plenty of good vampire literature already out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #26111 by Morgana
It sort of makes me think of the grunge music scene in the 1990s, when so-called experts were declaring that \"guitar is dead\", and the attitude/appearance was more important than talent. As a result, a lot of bands started to gravitate back to the heavier rock n roll type of music of the 70s and 80s, which I personally would say is a good thing. Again, there's a lot of one-hit wonder crap out there, but at least some of the decent heavier bands are getting a chance to be heard.

More
13 years 7 months ago #26134 by iHauntTheSepulchre
It's the same here in Australia...just insane...it's really getting to the point that I dislike bookstores at the moment. Which is sad because I love reading, just not reading vampire novels.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 7 months ago #26140 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Drowning in Vampire Stories
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

It's the same here in Australia...just insane...it's really getting to the point that I dislike bookstores at the moment. Which is sad because I love reading, just not reading vampire novels.

Agreed. ^.^ I've been using the library more and more lately..

More
13 years 7 months ago #26148 by black_magnolia
Ah, I haven't been in the book shop in ages, at least it feels like it. I can't be bothered really with the whole vampire craze and what I can see these days, the craze is fading, so I expect it is getting better, well at least here...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #26163 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I hope it hurries up and dies down here...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds