Show Navigation Menu
Media

Drowning in Vampire Stories

More
14 years 2 months ago #14914 by Morgana
scootiebee wrote:

Now that I think about it, I can think of a lot of vampire fads from the past. Anyone remember Dark Shadows? I loved that when I was a kid.

I've heard of it, although I've never seen it. I've also heard that Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are doing a movie version of it, as they're both big fans of the series.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21781 by cerberus1618
I'm personally sick of vampire stories and the like. But maybe thats just me disliking anything popular. But I have to agree. I think it's been done to death. Move on. Try something new.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21833 by Serpenvicis
As Black Magnolia said, it is not so expressed, but I have few friends that are crazy about vampires. It is actually creepy when you see your friend trying to bite someone's neck. I call that \"acting like stupid idiot without brain\". I like the books with vampires but this has already exceeded the measure.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21848 by CorpseQueen
I never really was a fan of vampires, but they are preferable to the regular things like Gossip Girl and the like they usually have on tv and on the bookshelfs... (tho I did once find a short little book from Gossip Girl, and had nothing else to do, so I read it. Good quality, not my style)
The fun is that even in the card-game Magic the Gathering, they had vampires... Just when Twilight was at it's top, and fairly new, they got back to publishing vampire-cards.

And yes, there's too much vampire-inspired things running around atm, but even tho most is crap (like Twilight) there are a few nice things, like True Blood... ;)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26045 by StephenG
Beating an un-dead horse, I know... but I figured I'd chime in:

GUILLERMO DEL TORO (who's got a GREAT vampire trilogy <THE STRAIN,THE FALL,ETERNAL NIGHT> out right now) brought up a very good point in an interview I saw him in :

You actually gotta THANK this influx of \"pop\" vampire stories, cuz that's when you start to see people writing darker stories in retalliation...

...stories about vampires that DON'T sparkle...
:silly:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by StephenG. Reason: revisions needed

More
13 years 7 months ago #26070 by Morgana
StephenG, that is a good point. Maybe we'll get some decent stories by people who are trying to reclaim vampires from the lovesick teenagers. Unfortunately, there's a lot of crap hopping on the bandwagon as well, so you really have to look for the good stuff.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds