Show Navigation Menu
Media

Twilight

More
14 years 2 months ago #14587 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Twilight
This is a thread about Twilight, the books and the movies and all that goes with it...
As most people on the forum don't like it, I ask that the only discussion about it be held here and not somewhere else on the forum.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14646 by Bpagemom
Replied by Bpagemom on topic Re:Twilight
Ok... I read the post, and I haven't read any replies to be honest. I'll just say this:

I was introduced to this series at a bad point in my life when I needed some romance, and I fell victim to it's appeal. The movies are cute, but I'll say, the books are well written for a younger crowd and have amazing continuity. I respect them, and hearing her explanation of why she made the vampires the way she did, I respect that also.

I got into this series and still am. My favorite character is Jasper, I have to add that. And I don't care who makes fun of me... I am a 31 year old woman that loves the series. It feeds an inner need for unattainable romance. So, considering I don't watch soap operas or read romance novels? I think I am allotted this one. ;)

"You have no power over me"

More
14 years 2 months ago #14648 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Twilight
I posted earlier a ways back about the Films which are very good for the crowd,group or age range they determined them for. Still i have not read the books and may not since as with Bram Stokers Dracula I saw the film first and thought it was brilliant and then later started reading the book and was very disappointed.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 2 months ago #14649 by Bpagemom
I saw Twilight, the movie, before reading the books, adn I am glad I read the books. Compared to the movie? They are far better.

However, I do understand why so many people have not enjoyed them or the movies. So, i do not pretend to think they are some great masterpiece and try to convince everyone of this. I just say... I enjoy them, and I hope people will at least give them a try.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14657 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Twilight
Bpagemom wrote:

Ok... I read the post, and I haven't read any replies to be honest.

Darling, you're on the 15th page of posts, you have to go back and read.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14661 by Bpagemom
black_magnolia wrote:

Bpagemom wrote:

Ok... I read the post, and I haven't read any replies to be honest.

Darling, you're on the 15th page of posts, you have to go back and read.

Yeah... no disrespect, but that's why I didn't. 15 pages... wow. Especially in such a short period of time. Plus, I presume that this conversation has gone like so many I've heard, people either love or hate the series. I just felt like putting in my two cents. lol. I might go back and read at some point. I am actually curious what some of you thought. I just hadn't before posting.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds