Show Navigation Menu
Media

Twilight

More
14 years 7 months ago #4925 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:twilight is a liar!
Those Americans here might agree it's for that new type of EMO goth...where ever that came from....

I like victorian goth personally...but as a writer and hopeless romantic I overlooked the \"gay\" and farfetch parts and used my own imagination to make the characters older in my mind and thus making it sexier....if everyone hates the books thats fine, but anyone read Breaking Dawn you know any woman would loved to be thrown around with a man that would break beds and headboards...that is truly sex that one could wish for...a man with real throwdown. Just pleading my case...it is a totally different spin with the Romeo and Juliet look at vampires..I have never read a comic book or anything that had something like this. Maybe pointed way too much at younger YA (young adult) groups, but it was alright. I want to see what this new director is going to do with New Moon, hey Twilight had the girl getting her ass kicked, thats always good (I like violence) and she got saved (romance) so in New Moon there is going to be more violence and better special effects....and the lead girl Bella tries to kill herself all the time....hey if you can't get it done right the first time don't try anymore right? specially with your life, but as I have come from that dark area of my life...there are tidbits of this book that can relate to people that even hate it.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5494 by justin360
Replied by justin360 on topic Re:twilight is a liar!
anastasia13 wrote:

Those Americans here might agree it's for that new type of EMO goth...where ever that came from....

I like victorian goth personally...but as a writer and hopeless romantic I overlooked the \"gay\" and farfetch parts and used my own imagination to make the characters older in my mind and thus making it sexier....if everyone hates the books thats fine, but anyone read Breaking Dawn you know any woman would loved to be thrown around with a man that would break beds and headboards...that is truly sex that one could wish for...a man with real throwdown. Just pleading my case...it is a totally different spin with the Romeo and Juliet look at vampires..I have never read a comic book or anything that had something like this. Maybe pointed way too much at younger YA (young adult) groups, but it was alright. I want to see what this new director is going to do with New Moon, hey Twilight had the girl getting her ass kicked, thats always good (I like violence) and she got saved (romance) so in New Moon there is going to be more violence and better special effects....and the lead girl Bella tries to kill herself all the time....hey if you can't get it done right the first time don't try anymore right? specially with your life, but as I have come from that dark area of my life...there are tidbits of this book that can relate to people that even hate it.

when i watched twilight i thought it was a great romantic story. most of the vampires i read about are usually based around evil and violence. i am used to a different vampire. oh and yes i am a little rascal and thats the way i like it. i do not hate this kind of vampire.... but i do not love it either.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14573 by iHauntTheSepulchre
:S Tell me about it...the books were ok in my opinion but the movies! *shudders*

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 2 months ago #14576 by vampirelycanthrope13
I tried to read the 1st book, got 3/4 of the way through and got bored.
I saw both movies. They aren't the worst movies i've ever had to see, but i wouldn't go out and buy the dvds. I saw new moon in the cinema with my friend, i didn't expect it to be amazing and just took it for what it is. However my friend and i found it more entertaining than we should have, but for comedic value that wasn't meant to be there, in some of the acting and some of the more random lines and scenes.
Some of it was so bad it was funny, and us mean people found ourselves laughing our way through the oddly acted scene where bella sits in her room for several months doing nothing except screaming at random intervals. It was just too wierd.
Oh, but on a positive, i actually liked the werewolves, they weren't exacty fierce, but i thought the cgi was good, and they were quite cute and cuddly looking :) Pity the wolves didn't get that much screen time though.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14577 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Twiligth movies sucks!
I dunno to be honest, I have heard the whole movie story from a friend and just said I a not going to see it, stop talking. On the other hand other friend who read all of the books says they are ok, but still, I don't think I'll go ahead and try to read em.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #14586 by black_magnolia
Thurysaz wrote:

I have not read the books so I do not know what it is but, the movies ... What a turnips!

Your opinion?

Mes hommages.

T.

I can't believe it! Another Twilight thread!!! Thurysaz, explain to me what is the reason for a new Twilight thread when there are 3 other threads about it on the forum?
I'm going to merge those together now and Lord help the next person who opens another thread about Twilight. :angry:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds