Show Navigation Menu
Media

Twilight

More
14 years 7 months ago #2736 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
scootiebee wrote:

Then again, maybe it is a way for younger people to be introduced to the horror/vampire genre in general, and the more fans it has, the more new writers/movie people/etc. will be experimenting with it. Maybe eventually more of what I like will be produced to satisfy the demands. You never know. Gee, it's not like me to be this optimistic.

I'm sceptical as to what a poor original might spawn as offsprings. Without a good basis there is no good outcome. Save for hits of random luck. This being a hyteria of epic proportions, we can't even count on luck. If there were to be a genious work of art, it would be labeled \"Twilight fan-art\". Which is disguisting.

But what are you all so worried about. Of course this twilight has so much going on. I turn on the tv - twilight. I turn on the internet - twilight. I open a can of tuna - twilight. This crap is being force fed and as such is swallowed by the majority. Anyone with half a taste will recognize twilight as an utter waste of time and energy.

My Abdul Hadji Abhazir (8th generation assamite) would wipe the floor with these whiny punks in a matter of seconds. Not to mention my Lockjaw red talon Garou. \"Yeah keep on playing your baseball in my neck of the woods sissy.\" :P

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2790 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
Ulfric wrote:

I think its a pretty awesome set of books with a great story even if it can be kinda whiney sometimes. I cant wait for a knew one to come out. The movies arnt bad but they arnt the best either...The actors of Bella and edward should have been someone else if you ask me tho

Well done on voicing your opinion when everyone else is putting it down! You've given a really balanced response there.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2966 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
I haven't read the books or seen the movies, although I probably would watch them once they're on TV. Can't picture myself paying to see them though...

I liked the Stephen King quote... seems to sum it up pretty well, at least as far as I can tell from the little bit I know about Twilight.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2991 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
I got gifted the book set, I wasn't going to buy into the hype. I didnt even read them until my friend freaked out and said they were in a box set...then bought it for me. I am a writer and those books are poorly written. A teenager might overlook the grammatical layouts and most would think that there were too many chapters that were puffed up and unnecessary. I understood the plot, more like Romeo and Juliet, but sadly no anywhere near Shakespearian caliber. I watched the movie to see how close they got it, it was entertaining, but few parts naturally were no where near the book. The cast was cute and teenagery, but still kind of superficial. I got the DVD as a gift too, since I write books about lycans, revenant, magic specific powers, and mix that with action and some romance and horror. I'm trying to get published.
I have loved Alchemy Gothic since I was a teenager and could surf the internet. I like the darkness in my mind and put it in words on my computer. So really I don't see the hype in Harry Potter, Twilight Saga, and others. Now I loved Trueblood, Sookie Stackhouse Vamp mysteries and happy HBO made it into a great series. In the States, the season 2 end episode plays tomorrow night. Whoohoo!! Though, I don't care for Sookie as Anna Paquin portrays her, think she's a bit more gutsy in the books than the naive twit that Anna plays. Each to their own, Alex and Stephan play hot vamps and Ryan plays uber hot brother. So three men are worth watching because they are great actors and hot. Yummy, move aside Edward the youngest vampire, you've been replaced!!!

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3005 by MefistaCenobica
eeek!!!I hate \"Twilight\" so much that I can't find any words to express my feelings!!!all stupid little girls in my school read it!!!
it is a shame on vampires' heads (I think it is understandable sentence :) )

archdevilantidote.proboards.com/
My forum dedicated to bootleg stuff,help me to fill it

More
14 years 7 months ago #3007 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
MefistaCenobica
Yes, many hate it, I didn't hate it, but I had to finish it. The worse thing to be a writer and make up something that someone has already written. I had to read a ton of books from many authors before I started writing. I have to be objective. I got 100 dollars for the set after I read them!!

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds