Show Navigation Menu
Media

Twilight

More
14 years 7 months ago #2624 by TheAlcherealist
Never saw of read the books. I'm not interested in something that is such a hype.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2629 by Wolfgirl90
Replied by Wolfgirl90 on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
Aftermidnight wrote:

Not many people here seem to like Twilight. Could this be, and this is just speculation, because we are actually gothic and don't need to go for a goth-lite tale of high-school romance?

I would have to agree with you on that one.B)

Although, I don't understand why a few Twilight fans are turning goth or trying to pull of the style since Twilight is really not that goth. Anne Rice sure, but not Twilight.

For me, I would have to say that I truly hate the Twilight series. Its poorly written (Stephanie Meyer has a degree in English? Seriously?) and its just...sloppy (yes, I actually sat down an read all the books). However, I do not like high school drama stories anyway, so hating Twilight was something that was going to happen for me anyway, even with characters like Edward \"I-Want-To-Sparkle-You-So-Hard\" Cullen and Bella \"Put-Your-Emoness-Inside-Me\" Swan.

Like some people have said before, Twilight does its role as a teen drama (albeit a rather terrible one) and something that might be good for girls who are like 11-14 years old (of course, no matter what age the person is, I really wouldn't recommend these books to anybody).

More
14 years 7 months ago #2654 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
i hope that the madness for twilight fades away fast ....before they actually make backpacks and posters and pencils and notebooks with images from the movie....

More
14 years 7 months ago #2670 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
sadly that madness has already started here in the u.s. i've already seen the backpacks and notebooks and posters with images from the movie. to me it is one of the poorest vampire movies ever.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 7 months ago #2671 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
Disapproving as we might be to this twilight hysteria, and sadly as it might sound it sells way better than alchemy gothic. On the upper hand, that fact gives us the opportunity to enjoy a sort elitism.
What I don't know is why all this hype amongst the gothic subculture regarding twilight. Everyone knows it's pop, and has nothing to do with vampires as such.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2675 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
Wolfgirl90 wrote:

Edward \"I-Want-To-Sparkle-You-So-Hard\" Cullen and Bella \"Put-Your-Emoness-Inside-Me\" Swan.

I've just laughed myself silly there. Not sure if it's appropriate for the Alchemy forum... but nice one!

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds