Show Navigation Menu
Media

Anime & Manga

More
13 years 3 months ago #30067 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Anime & Manga
Mm one of the reasons I'm put off buying manga vols - though I've probably mentioned it before.

If you find something interesting but it's vol. 1, you have no idea when it'll end and I don't like reading things I can't finish..Plus I have no idea of what the overall cost would be. Generally, it's a price I'm not willing to pay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30301 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re: Anime & Manga
I read everything on online readers, They are great if you don't know that the manga is about or you can't find the manga anywhere. Also some of them are really long, look at \"one piece\" for e.g. I can't even dream of buying them all.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 2 months ago #30309 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: Anime & Manga
It's getting too difficult to find good online readers nowadays.

I used to use Onemanga before it basically shut down because it had everything I wanted to keep up on. \"Highschool of the Dead\", \"Clannad\", \"Rosario + Vampire\", \"Detroit Metal City\" and \"Dogs: Bullets and Carnage\".

Admittedly, I'd go back and read \"Elfen Lied\" whenever I wanted to too. The thing is though, I'd only read ones I'd end up buying, if I could (so in other words, one-shots were something I could only read online) and it's got to the point where I can buy a few, \"Detroit Metal City\" (own the first two volumes) and \"Dogs: Bullets and Carnage\" (own all volumes that are available to me so far).

The only series I jumped straight to buying without reading online was \"The Ghost in the Shell\" because I've bought all the TV series and movies (bar \"Laughing Man\" and \"Individual Eleven\" movies since I'd rather watch the series) beforehand and it's a series I can get into.

The longest series I've read (and I got to about chapter 182) was \"Vagabond\" and I could imagine buying that, if I could afford it but it'd be a pain in the ass to get it.

Annoyed at how expensive both \"Battle Royale\" and \"Akira\" would be (I'm guessing £100ish for \"Akira\" and more for \"Battle Royale\")

But never resign yourself to the fact you won't find the manga anywhere, most places that stock manga will offer a service in which they can order in specific volumes. I've been told by an American that they can't stock certain kinds in Kansas so if some ones something which has themes of say...Yaoi, Bondage etc... (And there is a few who regularly come in to order them) it has to be ordered in specifically for that customer.

Though I'd agree that some series are insanely long and would hardly seem worth buying, for example, take Naruto. Ignoring the offer here and we assume 10 chapters per volume at £9. Since it is over 500 chapters to my knowledge, I'll use the number 500 as it's pretty even. (500/10)*£9 = £450.

If I add in the offer? You'd get a 3rd of them free, so roughly 16 volumes free. You're still looking at £306.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37562 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: Anime & Manga
Does anyone watch Bleach? If so, I have a question. I have the english version and the japanese version on dvd. Even in the japanese version i own, they still refer to the shinigami as \"soul reapers\" and their swords as \"zanpakuto\". I've been trying to find the version of the anime where they refer to soul reapers as \"Death Gods\" and zanpakuto as \"Soul Slayers\". It seems to me that those versions would be the real uncut versions of the anime. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
12 years 2 months ago #37563 by snow.wulf
Replied by snow.wulf on topic Re: Anime & Manga
I'm very picky when it comes to anime and manga. Some of the ones I do enjoy though are the Vampire Hunter D movies (LOVE THEM), Full Metal Alchemist, Anything Hellsing, Ergo Proxy, Soul Eater.

There are more, these are just the ones I can think of easily :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #37564 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: Anime & Manga
Love vampire hunter d and full metal alchemist.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds