Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33328 by iHauntTheSepulchre
@StephenG: I was given that book for my birthday last year. It's really quite charming. ^^

As for me, I'm now reading The Child Thief by Brom. It's a dark version of Peter Pan set in modern times and is really quite good.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by iHauntTheSepulchre. Reason: Spelling Error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33330 by Serpenvicis
Envy wrote:

Serpenvicis wrote:

I've finally found Brisingr by Paolini :) And I also took one book in library, \"Here, there be dragons\" by James A. Owen

Oh, tell me what you think of Brisingr once you've finished?

Curious to see how others react to it.

Inheritance Trilogy is one of my favourite books. Brisingr confirmed the quality of the first two parts and I really like it. :)
Paolini is a true master of writing and devising action. He was only 15 years old when he wrote Eragon, which is as much as I have now. And I can't even imagine that I could write something that great. :silly:

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33342 by Morgana
Anti-You wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I bought a few more books last week though, including one called The Strain. It's a vampire novel, written by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I didn't know del Toro wrote as well, but I thought it was worth picking up. Has anyone else read it? Apparently it's the first of a trilogy, so if it's good, I'll watch for the others.

Very good series, Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan may have taken a new twist on vampires, quite different to the modern Cliche, but theyre represented for what they really are, pure monsters. The third and final book is being released later this year, not too sure of the exact release date, but its sitting on the top of my list, right beside the fourth Inheritance book.
The Strain is a series I would highly recommend, but its a bit graphic, not for the faint hearted.

I started reading The Strain... only about 150 pages in, but I'm having a hard time really getting into the story so far. It's a bit more sci-fi than I had expected, and I haven't really got into the vampire parts yet. I'll finish it though, hopefully it will improve as it goes on...

More
12 years 10 months ago #33374 by Venom84
Am currently reading Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs..

I'm going to live my life the best i can and how i want to, and if no one likes it i don't care..Lifes too short..xx

More
12 years 10 months ago #33658 by Morgana
I'm about halfway through Angel Time, by Anne Rice. It's not bad, but I wouldn't say it's her best work either. It's quite new, 2009 I think... it's better than Christ the Lord, which I thought was dreadfully dull, but definitely not a match for her Vampire Chronicles.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33671 by Envy
*Sigh*..Having to quickly skim-read through about 30 novels, drama pieces and pieces of poetry in order to get enough notes and quotes for my English literature exam on Thursday. Need to get all this crap memorised in a day, too. Argh!

On a lighter note..The only book I'm really taking my time with is my old Latin textbook. :silly: Hoping to really pick Latin back up through summer.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds