Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
13 years 6 months ago #25878 by Izcoatl
The Templars from Piers Paul Read

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26421 by black_magnolia
I've just recently finished Stoker's Dracula. :kiss: Don't know what made me seek it out again, let alone in this time when I should be studying like crazy for my exam! :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26431 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I've just recently finished Stoker's Dracula. :kiss: Don't know what made me seek it out again, let alone in this time when I should be studying like crazy for my exam! :S

It's always good to have something which gives you a break from revision anyway. I know I go crazy if I revise solidly without a little 30-minute piano-break or something.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26438 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

It's always good to have something which gives you a break from revision anyway. I know I go crazy if I revise solidly without a little 30-minute piano-break or something.

I know, but my mom freaks out if she sees me not studying and I the feel bad because of it. :S

I picked up reading Kostova's Historian. This time around the reading is going on ok, but if there isn't some improvement in the plot, I will be pretty disappointed. So far I can say that it is pretty boring and somwhat annoying for several reasons, but I won't go into detail before I've read the whole book...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26455 by vampirelycanthrope13
I've just finished reading the V for Vendetta comic, i've always loved the film, but never got round to reading the comic. It's pretty good.

I'm now reading Full Moon City, which is an anthology of werewolf short stories. It's a bit hit and miss so far. There were a few good stories but also one or two that i didn't like as well.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26545 by CorpseQueen
Just read the Author's Definite Edition of Ender's Game, which I borrowed from a friend. It was real good, interesting, and had an interesting stile which I liked. I was reading the last chapters at a friends place, when he by chance sat down next to me, trying to fix the tv. He woke me from the book, and when I gave him a hug I realized how deep into the book I was - I really needed that hug.
It's not a cheerful book, and it's written good, so it will have an effect on you, even if it's a bit subconscious as with me.

Also just began to read Metro 2033, which I got a lot time ago but haven't had the initiative to begin with yet. It's good, love the atmosphere, but I'm not yet amazed.

Reading Alastair Reynolds as well, the last of a troligy, this book called Absolution Gap. Love him, he writes sci-fi like no other I've read so far.

Also trying to get through the 11th part of the Sword of Truth, but he's so lost his stile, his reason to write... it's just words now. Boring.

And Spawn! The comic, a collection of the first few issues I got in the nearby sci-fi bookshop :blush: I love superheroes, and he seemed like an interesting enough character ;)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds