Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
13 years 7 months ago #25082 by Serpenvicis
When I was 8 i started to read Chronicles of Narnia. Back then I didn't quite understood the book so I decided to re-read. Now I have a completely different opinion about all this. Currently I'm at first book. xD

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25085 by Kenneth
Right now I am reading Bentley Little's \"The Collection\" It is a great book for anyone who likes short stories that are of a more macabre variety.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25092 by Envy
:P I found an old BBC list of books..'The Big Read', they labelled it. Basically, the public voted for their favourite books and a list was made out of the top ones. I recognised a lot of classics and books I've enjoyed on there, so I decided to read the lot before it's too late.

www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml

There's the link, in case anyone else is interested in joining me with reading on a relatively large scale. :woohoo:

More
13 years 7 months ago #25102 by Morgana
Interesting link, Envy... I've read probably a third of them, and quite a few of the others are on my list. I try to buy books only at second-hand stores, to save money... limits your choices somewhat though.

Serpenvicis, I've found that my opinions of books change as I get older as well. I tried to read the Lord of the Rings when I was 17 or so, and just couldn't get into it at all. I read it a few years ago though, and really liked it this time.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25116 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

Interesting link, Envy... I've read probably a third of them, and quite a few of the others are on my list. I try to buy books only at second-hand stores, to save money... limits your choices somewhat though.

Serpenvicis, I've found that my opinions of books change as I get older as well. I tried to read the Lord of the Rings when I was 17 or so, and just couldn't get into it at all. I read it a few years ago though, and really liked it this time.

:P Yes. I've read quite a few, so I'm very interested in ones I haven't read.

I borrow all of my books from the library - We have two libraries here and you can request books using your online account if there's a book you want and another local library has it. I'll usually go off to the bookstore and memorise titles, then run home and search the library catalogue online. :S If the libraries don't stock what I'm after, I'll consider buying. Usually only borrow fiction from the library, because it can be a pain if you have a textbook and someone else reserves it.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25133 by Morgana
I've just started Shadows of Death, which is a collection of HP Lovecraft stories. I've read it before, but it's been a while, and his work bears re-reading several times anyway.

I don't know why, but I never go to the library now, although my grandmother used to take me, when I went into town to visit her. And the book-mobile used to come around to our place (still does, actually, and my mom still goes). It came once a month, and there was a limit to how many books kids were allowed to take. But I was always very careful with mine, and they never ever came back damaged, so the librarian used to let me take as many as I wanted. It was a converted city bus, and the air-brakes used to scare me a bit when I was really small, but it was a very exciting day when the book-mobile came.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds