Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
13 years 10 months ago #23298 by cemwerewolf
Good Omens by Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman. I only just started today but it's looking good so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23308 by Morgana
Morgana wrote:

I just started re-reading Blackwood Farm, by Anne Rice. It's one of her newer ones (2003 or 2004, I think) and brings together both witches and vampires.

Now I've started Blood Canticle, which picks up where Blackwood Farm finished.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23367 by black_magnolia
I've started \"Blood Ties\" by Pamela Freeman. Quite the interesting read so far, not the usual fantasy novel, but I don't want to give a review before I've read the whole book. It's the first book of her Castings Trilogy, and basically sets the scene...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23374 by Envy
Bought myself a copy of the 'Necronomicon'..Just out of curiosity. I think I'll take it on board my cruise with me. ^.^

More
13 years 10 months ago #23381 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

Bought myself a copy of the 'Necronomicon'..Just out of curiosity. I think I'll take it on board my cruise with me. ^.^

That could come in handy... if someone is pestering you on board, you can make sure they see what you're reading, and that should scare them off! Maybe start muttering under your breath if they don't take the hint right away...

Seriously though, it is an interesting read. I have a copy, although it's been quite a while since I looked through it. Must dig it out again soon...

More
13 years 10 months ago #23388 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

Envy wrote:

That could come in handy... if someone is pestering you on board, you can make sure they see what you're reading, and that should scare them off! Maybe start muttering under your breath if they don't take the hint right away...

Seriously though, it is an interesting read. I have a copy, although it's been quite a while since I looked through it. Must dig it out again soon...

Haha, good point! I really can't wait to get onto the ship. :P I can dress up all day, everyday if I wanted..Plus, for the first time ever, I have a big luggage case! Usually my parents have two large ones and my brother and I have a small case each - But this year, they bought an extra so I'm free to pack all of my gothic dresses and corsets! ^.^

It'll be a pain to carry all of my books with me, as I'm very adamant about keeping the pages in pristine condition etc..But they'll keep me preoccupied I guess. I'm a bit annoyed that two textbooks I ordered came to me with crumpled corners. They were delivered in the same packaging as my copy of the 'Necronomicon', but luckily, that wasn't smooshed up at all whilst being delivered..

Also got myself a large copy of 'Wuthering Heights' with all sorts of notes..And I'll be bringing 'Othello' with me. Need to read both of those alongside my other books before I get back to college. :S I'm going to be hard pushed to find the time for all of this as I know my family will be wanting to drag me around sightseeing when we stop off at a port each morning.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds