Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite movies

More
14 years 11 months ago #120 by Morgana
Favourite movies was created by Morgana
Well, we've done books and music... so what are everyone's favourite gothic/scary/horror movies?

My favourite is Nosferatu - Max Schreck is so creepy, and I love the whole atmosphere of the movie. I thought Shadow of the Vampire was very good as well. I like how they integrated scenes from the original into it... kinda neat to watch them back to back.

I also like anything with Vincent Price - he had such a great voice, always gives me chills to listen to him. I've been getting into the old silent classics lately as well - Lon Chaney as the Hunchback/Phantom of the Opera, John Barrymore in Jekyll and Hyde, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #123 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Favourite movies
Ah yes, movies. One of my greatest passions.

One that I'm actually quite fond of and that most people give me a blank stare for when I mention it is \"Brotherhood of the Wolf.\" It's a more recent movie that is, to be honest, based on the tale of the Beast of Gevauden but has a lot of story surrounding it that doesn't relate to the original tale. I have a bit of a passion for werewolves (as evidenced by my user name) and the Beast is considered part of werewolf mythos so I was naturally drawn to it.

More
14 years 11 months ago #125 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Favourite movies
Is it also called \"Le pacte des loups\"? I haven't seen it but I've heard it's good.

My favourite gothic/horror/scary film is actually my favourite film anyway. It's directed by Tim Burton (I'm sure he'll be mentioned lower down this thread anyway, so lets get it out of the way) - Sleepy Hollow. It's pretty much a remake of the Headless Horseman legend. As well as having loads of gore I love the way it's filmed; all the colour is reduced down to greys and blues so it's almost black and white. And it has an attractive cast, which often helps...
\"Bram Stoker's Dracula\", the 1992 version with Gary Oldman, is really good as well. Again, it's the attention to detail and the way its filmed that makes it brilliant. And I'll admit, I do have a soft spot for vampires...

As for 'classic' horror films, I've seen the 1931 James Whale version of Frankenstein, and it was pretty good.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #126 by RavenDarkmoon
Replied by RavenDarkmoon on topic Re:Favourite movies
I have to agree with you when it comes to Sleepy Hollow.
The story might be an old one but some how this version got a twist.:laugh:
Bram Stoker's Dracula is really good too. Again its a version of a classic story with a twist. A twist makes it different but still holds true to the legend thing.
Interview with a vampire is good if your a Brad Pitt fan. It's such a culture shock to see a blond Tom Cruse. :laugh:
Over all I guess I got a soft spot when it comes to vampire movies too. Always watching to see what twist they throw in it. And whats life with out a twist once in a while? :laugh:
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by RavenDarkmoon.

More
14 years 11 months ago #127 by reyne
Replied by reyne on topic Re:Favourite movies
I love Sleepy Hollow. It was a good movie.

More
14 years 11 months ago #129 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Favourite movies
\"Interview with the Vampire\" was good, not speaking as a Brad Pitt fan. Not amazing, but very good. Any seen the sequel, \"Queen of the Damned\"? I can see why people call it the worst movie ever made but if I'm honest I enjoyed it a lot because of all the tie-ins to music. The concert in Death Valley was my favourite part...
I agree with the twist thing. Taking a new spin on something familiar keeps the movie interesting but not too far from something you know you're going to enjoy.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds