Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Best way to put up a AG flag

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 1 month ago #9482 by StephenG
this got touched on in another post and it got me thinking(which hurts my brain):
HOW DO THOSE OF YOU WITH THE ALCHEMY POSTER FLAGS DISPLAY THEM?
the fabric is so thin, I'm afraid to use thumb tacks or staples...
framing would work but if the glass or plastic ever shatters,the flag will be ruined..
best I've come up with so far is pinning each corner between two magnets
Any other helpful hints?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9493 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Posters
BlueTak...or anything similar...I tried with double adhesive pads but one night the flag above my bed fell in my head :laugh: and I remembered this teacher from England brought us some BlueTak once, as we needed it to do our presentations so I searched all stores here and found something similar : PosterFix...it's very good, keeps the flags fixed and unharmed...it's a bit like plasticine and it's good because it doesn't even harm the paint on the walls :laugh:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #9502 by black_magnolia
I think that framing them would be in the end, the best solution. The glass will keep it safe from dust, odorous, little children which might think that writing with a marker on it is ok when they see it's signed (you never know! :P)... The probability of the glass breaking is minimal (you aren't going to play soccer in the room where you have your framed flag, right?).
I have an Iron Maiden flag, that got pinned, fixed with double sided tape etc and it still fell from the wall! It had to be washed a couple of times (forgot to close the door when mum was frying fish) and had it once on a Maiden gig, and it fell in the mud...
Imagine you had a paper poster, you would surely frame it. A little bit of wind and it's ripped...
Well, that's all of my advice. B)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9508 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Alchemy Poster Flags
with \"bugs\" (pin) it works very well. The tissue is thin but it is \"solid\"

More
14 years 5 months ago #9522 by SkieShauphen
I've got several flags in my room of similar material and tacks work just fine. Obviously there is a hole from the tacks but they haven't torn or anything yet so it seems good to me. :P

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9543 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Alchemy Poster Flags
I have one that I bought years ago, hung on a thin wooden dowel. I used my glue-gun to attach the top edge of the flag to the dowel, then hung that on a couple of nails in the wall. It flutters nicely in any breeze, and the wrinkles from where it was folded in the store have fallen out. It's been like that for several years now, and hasn't come unglued yet. I'm going to do the same with my new one which arrived a few days ago.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds