Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Tableware

More
14 years 5 months ago #9325 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Table
It can't be safe to put pewter in the dishwasher....I've seen pewter melt and deform in just direct sunlight at 90 degrees, a washer at 300 degrees would have to destroy it!

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9331 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Table
SkieShauphen wrote:

It can't be safe to put pewter in the dishwasher....I've seen pewter melt and deform in just direct sunlight at 90 degrees, a washer at 300 degrees would have to destroy it!

Sure learn a lot on forums..Won't be putting my pewter items in places where direct sunlight can melt it. :laugh: Thanks for that.

Although thinking about it, with English weather, I don't know whether my pewter items would be prone to melting anyway.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9349 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Table
Envy wrote:

Although thinking about it, with English weather, I don't know whether my pewter items would be prone to melting anyway.

Wouldn't put my money on that! My Bride of Corinth ring disfigured itself just from my body heat. It isn't nice and round like a ring, looks quite dented, but I can still put it on my finger. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9366 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Table
So, according to Alchemy, we should all be vampiric corpses... or just vampires, as they're dead anyway. No sun, no heat, just darkness and cold... perfect for pewter, after what I've heard :silly:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 5 months ago #9383 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:Table
I love the bats in the belfry glass that was in the raffle a few months ago, but like most of the rest of the table stuff like the goblets etc. they're really nice, but also too expensive for me to buy at the moment!

More
14 years 5 months ago #9386 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Table
CorpseQueen wrote:

So, according to Alchemy, we should all be vampiric corpses... or just vampires, as they're dead anyway. No sun, no heat, just darkness and cold... perfect for pewter, after what I've heard :silly:

Yes, that's the grand idea! ;)
LOL

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds