Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Counterfeit Alchemy Products

More
11 years 4 months ago #38893 by ValTheImpaler
It really is a shame that people feel the need to copy brands but it really is not hard to do.
If you can mould it you can make hundreds of these items and then paint/polish it up to look like the original.
I've been working in the film industry as a mould maker and have my own copies of things i've worked on. If i mass produced these things and sold them I'd be sacked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #39098 by black_magnolia
*BUMP*

I'm aware that there are more and more Alchemy fakes surfacing on the internet, especially on ebay, so I thought I'd point out what you have to look for to recognize a real Alchemy item.

All Alchemy items have one or more trade marks, depending on available space on the item.
The trade marks are as seen in the picture:

In addition to the trademark, every item will also have a year stamped on it (the year it was produced).
Rings have their size stamped on the inside (ergo, depending on the size, it can be the letter L, N, Q, T, W, Y, Z1 - not any other letter as Alchemy doesn't produce rings in other sizes, also some rings aren't produced in all these sizes)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #39109 by SooticasDream
Thanks for the pic.
I'm certain now, that a piece that was bought (in belief that it was AG) for my Christmas is a fake :(

I'm going to be sending it back & contacting Amazon about it!

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds