Spring 2011 New Releases

More
13 years 3 months ago #30401 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

agjoe wrote:

Not necessarily...

You're doing this deliberately aren't you! :woohoo:

Told you he was mean! :woohoo: :P

Are we then back to buttons or some other item?
I think most of the other items don't really fit in with the original AG range but are better as ideas for items made under license...
Maybe that hat idea is worth a guess and those wolf design items...

I give up with guessing for now. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30402 by Kuroboshi
Okay, I've went over some facts and here's what I can confirm. I'm taking \"a few months\" to mean at least 2.

First, we have the meeting at which the admin stated the item was suggested. I can only find one mention of that wolf design items, Magnolia and that was 1 month and 2 weeks ago. We can likely assume that will not be it.

Secondly, the market for steampunk buttons seems to be pretty well filled, I can't imagine people buying too many just because they're made by Alchemy Gothic and there's not much you can do in the way they look, so there would be little variation. I'm taking this off my list.

Third, whilst it was stated the item was new, it doesn't mean it is an entirely new product Alchemy have not created before.

So, I therefore conclude that the most likely items are either vases, parasols, possibly hats or, unlikely mind you, slippers.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30403 by black_magnolia
I'd say the meeting was at least 3 to 4 months back because it takes more time to think up a design etc. And I assume the range was finished at least a month ago because you need time to prepare marketing and such...

I think vases are the least likely option because they just released two of them last time...

The wolf design was mentioned even earlier somewhere, but I agree it's not very likely.

It has to be something that was discussed a lot to make the admin write that we on the forum would love it, therfore I assume parasols.

Buttons are still an option because there are no really nice steampunk ones around. I just saw today on Retroscope fashion's facebook page two nice button designs...

I'd say slippers are more for the license department, which leaves us with hats and I don't know how many people would really love that... :unsure:

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30405 by Morgana
Well, whatever it is, his plan to tease us about it has definitely worked! 5 pages on a thread that's only 6 hours old... I thought that was a mistake at first.

Sorry if this was mentioned already and I missed it, but... When are the new spring items being released?

More
13 years 3 months ago #30409 by black_magnolia
I assume we'll get to see the new items after the trade show which is on Feb 6th-7th if I'm not mistaken.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30428 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Spring 2011 New Releases
black_magnolia wrote:

I assume we'll get to see the new items after the trade show which is on Feb 6th-7th if I'm not mistaken.

Is the trade show only for retailers? Or can normal people go and sneak a peek too? :P

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds