Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Sizes (rings, pendants etc.)

More
13 years 11 months ago #21108 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Ring Sizes
:huh: Don't know if they specifically sell 'Windex' here.

None of my friends have ever tried on my jewellery - Simply because it's quite clear none of mine would fit them. I have the slimmest fingers out of all of the people I hang around with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21345 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Ring Sizes
Windex is glass cleaner, usually ammonia mixed with water and cleansers, but it is just spray-on glass cleaner. I also have used the spray-on cooking oil to remove a stuck ring.

But regarding why some rings are sized a little differently, the manufacturers do tend to vary. Also, rings with a wider band tend to be a little larger than rings with a narrow band. Could that explain some of the difference? On my same finger I wear my wedding ring, which is a size 5, with my engagement ring, which is size 5 1/2. The only difference? The wedding band is about 4 times the width of the engagement ring.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21394 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Ring Sizes
scootiebee wrote:

Windex is glass cleaner, usually ammonia mixed with water and cleansers, but it is just spray-on glass cleaner. I also have used the spray-on cooking oil to remove a stuck ring.

But regarding why some rings are sized a little differently, the manufacturers do tend to vary. Also, rings with a wider band tend to be a little larger than rings with a narrow band. Could that explain some of the difference? On my same finger I wear my wedding ring, which is a size 5, with my engagement ring, which is size 5 1/2. The only difference? The wedding band is about 4 times the width of the engagement ring.

I find that the wider band rings, in fact, tend to end up smaller. I have two rings from Alchemy, both Q sizes, and the one with the wide band is a smaller fit then the one with the narrow band.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #23662 by black_magnolia
It's hard to tell the size of a particular item, so I thought we could use this thread for sizing up items. :silly:
Well, I found a couple of images with various AG pendants side by side and it gives quite a good impression of how big some pendant are. Note that not all pendants in the pictures are from Alchemy or that all the pictures were made from the same distance or with the same focus. (click on the images for a better view)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23665 by Morgana
Good idea... and thanks for the pretty pictures!

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I do wish Alchemy would use models in the pictures on this site. It would make it so much easier to know what will fit you...

More
13 years 9 months ago #23684 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I agree Morgana.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds