Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Sizes (rings, pendants etc.)

More
13 years 11 months ago #21044 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Ring Sizes
My boyfriend tried on an Alchemy ring at a store once, silly bugger couldn't get it off... :P The store owner gave him two options; pay for it or amputation.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21049 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Ring Sizes
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

My boyfriend tried on an Alchemy ring at a store once, silly bugger couldn't get it off... :P The store owner gave him two options; pay for it or amputation.

Hah! My mother got a new ring yesterday so I was curious about her sizes. Her new ring is a size 'L' and fits me a lot better than an Alchemy size 'L' for some reason, but it's still a tad large.

Do Alchemy ring sizes run a bit large?

Anyway - My mother told me that her other rings were a lot smaller and that now she can't get some of them off. I tried on her wedding ring which was the only one that would come off, and lo and behold, it got stuck on one of my fingers.

Irritating how rings are so easy to get on and so hard to get off. Managed to wrench it off before I had to reach for the soap anyway.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21055 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Ring Sizes
I actually found out a little trick for getting stuck rings off. Srpay your finger with a little windex (other glass cleaners work to but windex seems to work best). There's something in it that works as a really good lubricant on your skin. I know a couple of jewellry stores that always keep a bottle near their ring displays for just this reason.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21060 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Ring Sizes
Interesting tip about the windex, I'll have to keep that in mind. A couple of my rings tend to get stuck sometimes in the summer, but I find running my hands under cold water helps. Those same rings are all loose in the winter, so I guess my hands really change depending on the temperature.

Anastasia, I don't know if rings can be resized or not. If you do find anything out, let us know please? Good luck with that!

More
13 years 11 months ago #21066 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Ring Sizes
Thanks for the Windex tip, I'll try to remember it. I'm usually fine with just a bit of water and soap, but my friend once had a really hard time getting one of my rings off, so had to wear it most of the day till she was able to remove it... one of the reasons I don't like people trying on my jewellery... -_-

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21087 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Ring Sizes
Envy wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

My mother told me that her other rings were a lot smaller and that now she can't get some of them off. I tried on her wedding ring which was the only one that would come off, and lo and behold, it got stuck on one of my fingers.

That's happened to me before as well.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds