Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

skin reaction

More
14 years 1 month ago #17092 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:skin reaction
Thank you all! Putting it on and off every day would cause the metal to break eventually, so I don't want to do that more than I have to. I think I might try wearing a light fabric under it while I sleep. Thank you for the ideas! I appreciate it! I don't want to NOT wear the bracelets, because they are awesome, but I don't want my skin to be damaged. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17245 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:skin reaction
Sort-of solution: I too the bracelet off, left it just wide enough to really *squeeeeeeze* it over my wrist, so I can remove it at night. It is really loose on my arm this way, but at least it isn't causing the skin problem any more. Just have to get used to the heavy bangle banging on my wrist bones! :) It is the Spectrostatic Nocturnium:

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17306 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:skin reaction
My husband used to have a similar problem with one of his rings. He never took it off, and moisture would get trapped underneath it and cause a reaction. But since he started working as a mechanic he only wears jewellery when we go out, so it's not an issue anymore. I never wear my jewellery at night, or in the shower, etc., so I've never had any issues like this. My skin is somewhat sensitive, so I'm sure it would probably react pretty quickly.

Glad you found a solution, scootiebee!

More
14 years 1 week ago #19215 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:skin reaction
Also too, this sounds weird, but take a pair of panty hose and match it to your skin. Cut out a good size piece and slide it up your arm under the bracelet at night. Yes, keep it clean too, but that way you don't have to tuck long shirt sleeves under it all the time either. I have the Requiem cuff and its the large not small and I had that issue for a moment and washed it and wore the panty hose and I'm fine.

-Maybe try that if it still bothers.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19241 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:skin reaction
anastasia13 wrote:

Also too, this sounds weird, but take a pair of panty hose and match it to your skin. Cut out a good size piece and slide it up your arm under the bracelet at night. Yes, keep it clean too, but that way you don't have to tuck long shirt sleeves under it all the time either. I have the Requiem cuff and its the large not small and I had that issue for a moment and washed it and wore the panty hose and I'm fine.

Oh wow, that's quite clever. I might give my mother that tip.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19253 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:skin reaction
anastasia13 wrote:

Brilliant idea!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds