Show Navigation Menu

Fireworks & Firecrackers

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #29274 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Fireworks & Firecrackers
We don't usually let off fireworks etc. ourselves, so we watch others' shows. Especially the big London firework show that we watch on TV every year (lasts about 10 minutes). My dad wants to go and see it in person one day, but I heard you had to wait from 4pm until midnight to get a good spot, which I'm not sure I'm willing to do. Fireworks don't amuse me *that* much.

I don't know if there are any 'illegal fireworks' in the UK. :blink: Apart from illegally made ones I guess, as there are prooobably quality standards..But they're not banned from what I know, so I don't see why someone would buy iffy fireworks when you can buy normal ones in the shops..
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #29291 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Fireworks & Firecrackers
Love fireworks, they're so pritty, and make the big boom ^__^ And the city displays change so much depending where you are. I see them often over water, either small lakes or the great lakes depending where I happen to be. On the 4th of July see some fully land locked ones, town I used to live in gathers in the high school football field and the city lights the fireworks off the bluff, cept for some of the smaller display ones that are way to the back of the field. Diff town on one of the small lakes used to do this really cool 'waterfall' firework thing, it looked like cascading silver water (though it was fire), set up right along the shore line. Current town as an old ore dock that gives the fireworks a really cool echo if you're in the right spot to catch it. Sad that people want to take it down, won't be the same without that echo.

More
13 years 4 months ago #29303 by necie1286
Oh man last night we did some really good ones. we had to go to South Caroline to get them since they are banned in Ga. stupid law thingy. we had some Red Devils, a long sting of fire crackers and some little ones they spun in the air. i always love doing them since its New year's eve and my birthday so its alway fun.

More
13 years 4 months ago #29324 by Morgana
Some of our neighbours started with the firecrackers around 10 pm on New Year's Eve... a bit much, if you ask me.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29334 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Fireworks & Firecrackers
Hm. Surprisingly, we didn't have many people setting of fireworks in our area. Usually, there's people letting them off for hours at a time, but this year there were significantly less. Probably due to the recession and stuff..

More
13 years 3 months ago #29342 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Morgana wrote:

Some of our neighbours started with the firecrackers around 10 pm on New Year's Eve... a bit much, if you ask me.

We had people who begun at 9pm...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds