Show Navigation Menu

Fireworks & Firecrackers

More
14 years 4 months ago #9965 by black_magnolia
What do you think about fireworks and firecrackers?

I personally love fireworks, especially those big ones that the city makes. Don't really see a good reason for every single person to buy fireworks for themselves. I think it would be better to pay the city the amount of money that you would normally spend yourself so that there is a big firework and not tiny ones scattered all round the city... Don't know how it's in other countries, but some 10 years ago only the city organised a firework as you couldn't buy fireworks in a shop, but times have changed, to the worse in my opinion.

Firecrackers are ok but I would rather ban them then let them be used in the way they are here in Croatia. Only those of legal age may buy them, but you mostly see children handling with them without the presence of adults. They throw them under cars, throw them under pedestrians feet and at animals, in garbage bins (so fires ensure) etc. Every December I have to listen on the news how some kid was left without his fingers and 3rd degree burns after a firecracker exploded in his hand...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9980 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Fireworks & Firecrackers
Fireworks I don't mind, but firecrackers - Dear me. Someone set them off at 4am in Hong Kong during the New Year celebrations and I was still suffering from severe jet-lag - I shot right up out of my slumber upon hearing those. Scared me ****less.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10008 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Fireworks & Firecrackers
Neither really bother me much or really never did, I do enjoy both since as a small lad and before I was born, my father use to set them off for the 4th of July celebration in my home town for over 30yrs. I helped with it on occassions when I was in town when I was older and as well in the military. Now they don't do it since the cost and fire hazard from the new area they chose to do it. It is a shame that it has happened, but that is the evolution of the town I suppose.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 4 months ago #10142 by vampirelycanthrope13
I love fireworks displays, especially on Guy Fawkes night, as where i live spends a lot of money on their fireworks display, which is worth itin the end, as it's a nice night and is one of the few occasions that brings the local community together.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10148 by SkieShauphen
Being a pyro, fireworks tend to get me into loads of trouble. Either it's lighting far too many at one time or taking them apart and loading the gun powder into one giant barrel for a huge explosion. I also have a tendancy to break a window every July. It's never on purpose but somehow, no matter how careful I am, no matter how far away I am from a window...one always gets broken in one way or another that ends up as my fault. At least I've been getting better at not getting caught. I think fireworks hate me and break them on purpose to just try and discourage me from shooting them off.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10160 by CorpseQueen
I love fireworks in the night, and every new years evening I'm out just looking up in the sky. Usually there's fireworks all around, and shows are great but I like the unplanned out here as well, the chaos of colours in the sky. And the cold, as you're always a bit cold that late no matter how much clothes you're wearing...

And firworks of any kind belong in the sky, not on the ground. Sure, two of our exploded on the ground last year I was home then, but that was just bad quality. Why even sell those little things... (Believe they don't up here anymore. At least some, the worst ones, have been banned)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds