Show Navigation Menu

Black Friday

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #8997 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Black Friday
Envy wrote:

Hmm..In May we have 'May Day'..Where kids in primary (usually) have maypole dancing, there's Morris dancing which is done by the older citizens (again, usually) and there are lots of community fêtes etc.

Not sure if that's specific to England or not, though.

We do May Day here as well for Spring/Summer Solstice, with the May pole and picnic and such.....Really refreshing being in the Headquarters of the Bible belt in the U.S.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by knumpcy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8999 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Black Friday
We don't really have anything like Black Friday in Canada. Nor a May Day either. I find that your lucky if a solstice or equinox is mentioned on the radio let alone celebrated en masse . . .

More
14 years 6 months ago #9010 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Black Friday
never shopped on black friday,don't plan to ever...

never been a cashier working in that chaos either,thank goodness
closet i ever came was my old warehouse job;but most the ppl were there for discounted jewlery so i was safe...

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #9091 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Black Friday
cemwerewolf wrote:

I find that your lucky if a solstice or equinox is mentioned on the radio let alone celebrated en masse . . .

That's very true... the weatherman on CBC News will usually mention it, as the longest or shortest day, or equal day and night, but that's about it.

When I lived in Vancouver, lots of people used to drive to Seattle (2 or 3 hours, I think - never went myself) for the Black Friday sales. I'm just about done my Christmas shopping though... those type of crowds are my idea of hell.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Morgana.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9092 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Black Friday
anastasia13 wrote:

I think you have other events like your own type of Thanksgiving...just wondering.

Thanksgiving Day in Canada was October 12. It's always the second Monday of October.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9225 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Black Friday
I almost forgot how ridiculous this day is where you can be trampled to death, just to find a deal at your local Walmart.....Yay USA!

www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/...d_walmart_after.html

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds