Show Navigation Menu

Black Friday

More
14 years 5 months ago #9247 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Black Friday
knumpcy wrote:

I almost forgot how ridiculous this day is where you can be trampled to death, just to find a deal at your local Walmart.....Yay USA!

www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/...d_walmart_after.html

Wow..That's shocking. I've only heard of one incident like that in England and that was during a football match. There's probably a few more cases, but this is the only one that comes immediately to mind.

Hillsborough Disaster

I don't think we generally have many days where we're trample-prone, even during sale seasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9267 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Black Friday
I try to avoid black friday. I don't go to the stores, and my husband usually has off (he works for a grocery store, and who goes grocery shopping the day AFTER Thanksgiving??? Leftovers!)

Black Friday to me is Holiday Decorating Friday, and usually involves me unpacking my million boxes of Christmas decorations. I am such a geek for holidays. I love the smell of pine all over the house! And by the time I am done, I feel like the forest has moved into my house. Oh, and we eat turkey and stuffing sandwiches and generally have a nice day. I NEVER go out. I am just about done with holiday shopping too. Two more things, a blanket I have to finish for one person, and one present to make for someone else (probably end up with another blanket!). Then Done. I hate the idea of going out on Black Friday. But I dont think it is the worst shopping day. That's the Saturday before Christmas. People start to get a little desperate by then if they are not done shopping, and make one last attempt to find the perfect thing. That's the dangerous day to shop in this area at least.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9276 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Black Friday
Wow, for Black Friday I found a really nice TV that will be priced at $250! That's $300 off of the original price! I could get it too......ohhh choices choices.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9301 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Black Friday
Good luck getting one! Get there early, because their \"special sale items\" are often limited to just a few, and then you feel like you have gone through the bother, you may as well buy something, but it just happens to be priced higher....Caveat emptor.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9362 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Black Friday
knumpcy wrote:

I almost forgot how ridiculous this day is where you can be trampled to death, just to find a deal at your local Walmart.....Yay USA!

www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/...d_walmart_after.html

Adbusters Media Foundation organizes an event called Buy Nothing Day, which is held on Black Friday, precisely to combat this type of commercialized insanity.

Here's a link if anyone is interested - www.adbusters.org/BND

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with this group, I just saw it and thought of this topic.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds