Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
14 years 4 months ago #10294 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Birthdays.
black_magnolia wrote:

When I shop for my sisters birthday gift, I ask her what she wants and then get it and add something I know she will like. Last year she wanted a specific sweater and I bought it with some pants and a t-shirt. In the end she wears those pants and t-shirt more then the sweater she asked for. :silly:

Ahh..I know quite a few things that close friends of mine etc. would *like*, however, I always fear that they'll already have whatever I'm considering to buy them, and it's incredibly hard to try and find out whether they have or haven't got it without asking directly. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10319 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Birthdays.
I noticed that a few people here were born on January 1 (or else just entered that date as a default) and it got me thinking... for anyone who was born on or near a major holiday, what do you do about your birthday? Do you celebrate it along with the other holiday, or separately? Or do you just ignore it completely, like I try to do with mine?

More
14 years 4 months ago #10323 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Birthdays.
Morgana wrote:

I noticed that a few people here were born on January 1 (or else just entered that date as a default) and it got me thinking... for anyone who was born on or near a major holiday, what do you do about your birthday? Do you celebrate it along with the other holiday, or separately? Or do you just ignore it completely, like I try to do with mine?

I noticed this as well. Quite strange how so many people on this forum have the same birthday.
I try to ignore it. Just thinking back to my childhood and all the disappointment regarding my b-day at that time makes me frustrated. I dread the time towards my birthday and am relived when its behind me.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10345 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Birthdays.
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I noticed this as well. Quite strange how so many people on this forum have the same birthday.
I try to ignore it. Just thinking back to my childhood and all the disappointment regarding my b-day at that time makes me frustrated. I dread the time towards my birthday and am relived when its behind me.

Well admittedly, the way you input your birthday when you sign-up can be quite awkward compared to the registration forms where you just type things in as MM/DD/YYYY. I remember having to fiddle around with the calendar a bit to get my birthday right. Some friends of mine just gave up and left it at whatever they had managed to move it to.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10358 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Birthdays.
My birthday is May 11, and in the U.S. that falls somewhere within a week of Mother's Day. It is nearly impossible to go out for dinner on my birthday because everyone in the country is trying to take their mom out to eat, so I usually go out the week before or the week after. But that's really all we do, just go to dinner at the place of my choice (or whoever the birthday belongs to). Sometimes I just give up and make myself something fancy at home.

My mom already knows that I probably won't like anything she gets me, but she has improved over the years. She gets about half right now. But I just come out and tell her, I don't like that, because otherwise I would NEVER get anything I liked from her, and what a waste of money that would be for her! So I have been trying to train her for 30 years on what I like. It finally seems to be catching on. :P

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10361 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Birthdays.
My brithday is Dec 31, new year's eve. i don't get to do anything super fun since it's on the holiday and all. but i have a party with my family and hopefully in jan i'm going to throw a late one with freinds. this year i'm turning 23. i'd love to get some things from here but we are broke and won't have money for a while

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds