Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
14 years 5 months ago #8916 by demonica66613
Replied by demonica66613 on topic Re:Birthdays.
My birthdays always seem to end up not what I want. I must have my hopes to high. Last year was kind of nice. My husband had a dozen long stem roses delivered. My best gift ever was the first year my son was able to sing happy b-day to me. Most eventful birthday, well I turned 25 on Friday the 13th and I always knew something big would have to happen for that b-day. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant with my first son. I turned 29 on Fri. the 13th and a week later I found out I was pregnant with my second son.
Now, I'm all about my boys b-days. Even if they get thrown a party on the weekend closest to their day, I always do something special on their day. I buy them an extra cake just for the day. This year was cool because my youngest son had his first b-day, so I gave him a cupcake and he ended up wearing most of it.
:) Personally, I think people need to take the time to appreciate their mom's on their birthday. In most cases, a lot of pain and labor goes into us being brought into this world. We wouldn't be able to celebrate our life if it wasn't for the strong women who went through pregnancy and child birth to give us life. :)

As for all the talk about presents. The best ones are the presents given with love or with your interests in mind. There truly is nothing more satisfying than taking the time to wrap presents for those you care about, or seeing the joy on their faces when they open it and it's something they really wanted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8923 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Birthdays.
Think the one was where I was in the middle of the ocean in between Japan and Singapore. We were not going to dock at any Navy port for 3 weeks so I had to get drunk somehow...thats initiation into your 21st bday right? So they took me down to the Engineers and they got me wasted. It was really funny, but I liked the fact they wouldn't do that for just any sailor.. So June First has many good memories, otherwise it is just another day that I am glad to be breathing.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8961 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Birthdays.
demonica66613 wrote:

Now, I'm all about my boys b-days. Even if they get thrown a party on the weekend closest to their day, I always do something special on their day. I buy them an extra cake just for the day. This year was cool because my youngest son had his first b-day, so I gave him a cupcake and he ended up wearing most of it.
:) Personally, I think people need to take the time to appreciate their mom's on their birthday. In most cases, a lot of pain and labor goes into us being brought into this world. We wouldn't be able to celebrate our life if it wasn't for the strong women who went through pregnancy and child birth to give us life. :)

Hehe I love kids - How innocent they are (and how they say what they think and can get away with it). :) Sadly, I'm really too young to be thinking about some of my own.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10243 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Birthdays.
My birthday is in a way a special day for me, but I end up hating it more then any other day in the year.
Looking back, from all the presents I got over the years, maybe two were right. Mostly I end up with some junk that I don't want, don't have any use for or is just flat out horrible - that's the reason I don't want people to buy me anything because with an 98% probability I'll cringe when I unwrap it.
In fact, the person that always manages to buy me something that is totally not my thing is my own sister. Example: a cd by a rap-metal band that got a 0/10 review in all mags that even considered printing a review (I only listened to half the album and my ears were bleeding); or earrings that look exactly like the ones I have but just with a different kind of fastening behind! :S
I keep all presents as I somehow don't have the heart to go and exchange them...
I almost always find a present that fits the person. The irony gets me all frustrated. I don't know if it's really that hard to buy presents for me or that people just buy them to be polite. :unsure:
The people I'm really good with, with a few exceptions, don't buy me presents. I get a text msg with \"happy b-day and happy new year\" and I'm happy that I don't have to pretend that I like a gift.
The day itself is mostly normal... I watch the firework with the friends I'm out in town, we drink something, watch the concert on the main square etc. The rest of the day is just normal.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10245 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Birthdays.
Ahh I keep all presents too.

It can be frustrating when you get things that you would probably never look at again, and then pretend it's what you've always wanted. The thought does count, but there was really no need for them to waste their money? It's similar with Christmas, but as I've gotten older, people have learned to just ask me what I want. :laugh: Which is usually nothing I'd want them to buy for me (too expensive!).

More
14 years 4 months ago #10250 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Birthdays.
Envy wrote:

Ahh I keep all presents too.

It can be frustrating when you get things that you would probably never look at again, and then pretend it's what you've always wanted. The thought does count, but there was really no need for them to waste their money? It's similar with Christmas, but as I've gotten older, people have learned to just ask me what I want. :laugh: Which is usually nothing I'd want them to buy for me (too expensive!).

I can't really say something specific that I want when I'm asked. Usually when people ask, they would like to get that item pointed out to them. I still like to get surprised, so I don't really like to point at something and say I want that for my birthday.
When I shop for my sisters birthday gift, I ask her what she wants and then get it and add something I know she will like. Last year she wanted a specific sweater and I bought it with some pants and a t-shirt. In the end she wears those pants and t-shirt more then the sweater she asked for. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds