Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
14 years 3 months ago #12736 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Hair
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

Your hair is about the same colour and length as mine, although mine is very straight... I'm jealous of those waves!

:P I have to spend hours if I want to curl my hair..And because it's long, I need someone's aid to do most of it due to the fact I'm so clumsy and my hand-eye coordination is awful despite being a piano player. :woohoo: My mother doesn't seem to mind curling my hair..For now.

I gave up long ago trying to get mine to take any kind of curl... it just doesn't work. I got a spiral perm (anyone remember those from the 80s?) when I was about 15. One of my sisters got one at the same time, and hers lasted over a year, while mine fell out in about a month. sigh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12737 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Hair
@HearseDriver Your hair is phenomenal :D

@everyone else people I have extremely curly hair wich is giving me nothing but trouble, so I am not sure anyone would want to have something like this, I dye it in various red colours and it still looks like hay on my head. I even fought with a girl at the hairdresser since she didn't want to cut it. :woohoo:
There isn't a treatment I haven't tried and still it looks kinda funny.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #12740 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Hair
Strange thing has been happening recently, I have been getting my hair bleached (3 times now, go again Thursday morning), and when she bleaches it she straightens out the roots. Now the top of my hair is starting to turn straight. How odd! But the back around my neck is still very curly. It looks like I am growing out a bad perm in sections. ugh. What to do? I have no idea what to do with it anymore.

Still keeping it white/blonde for now. Looks better on me than black does, but it is really hard to bleach naturally red hair. I didn't know that until it took 3 bleachings in one day to get most of it white. I had green fringe for a while. I am thinking of trying another color, maybe purple. I haven't had purple hair in years.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12764 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Hair
Same problem here, I mean with the perm look, andbleach has nothing to do with it, I an starting to think that water is the problem, because when I was at the countryside and washed my hair it looked twice as nice but more bushy than regular :blush:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #12788 by Wolfgirl90
Replied by Wolfgirl90 on topic Re:Hair
scootiebee wrote:

Strange thing has been happening recently, I have been getting my hair bleached (3 times now, go again Thursday morning), and when she bleaches it she straightens out the roots. Now the top of my hair is starting to turn straight. How odd! But the back around my neck is still very curly. It looks like I am growing out a bad perm in sections. ugh. What to do? I have no idea what to do with it anymore.

Its all because of chemistry (which I studied a lot in high school, so if this sounds very nerdy, try to bear with me). :)

Relaxers contain basic chemical compounds, such as sodium hydroxide. Bleach is ALSO a basic chemical (sodium hypochlorite among other chemicals). Because of this, your hair reacts in the same way, albeit weaker since even household bleach is not pure sodium hypochlorite (there are few things that are), let alone the stuff you put in your hair; putting THAT (sodium hypochlorite) in your hair would most likely kill you (hair bleach usually contains hydrogen peroxide and ammonium persulfate as main ingredients instead of sodium hypochlorite).

So bleached hair straightens out a bit during the application process because the bleach is a strong base like those found in relaxers. However, its not as strong as sodium hydroxide, so not all of your hair will straighten out, hence the reason why you could end up with curly patches on your head. If the bleach is applied in sections, it might reduce this problem.

Of course, I am curious as to why your stylist (or whoever is doing your hair) would be paying any real attention to your roots since they bleach the fastest (and therefore shouldn't much problem straightening out). :unsure:
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Wolfgirl90.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12792 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Hair
millkins wrote:

@HearseDriver Your hair is phenomenal :D

@everyone else people I have extremely curly hair wich is giving me nothing but trouble, so I am not sure anyone would want to have something like this, I dye it in various red colours and it still looks like hay on my head. I even fought with a girl at the hairdresser since she didn't want to cut it. :woohoo:
There isn't a treatment I haven't tried and still it looks kinda funny.

It's just a case of wanting what you haven't got. I can't imagine why anyone would want boring straight hair like mine, but I've known people with naturally curly hair who said they'd trade with me if they could.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds