Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
12 years 8 months ago #34822 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
Never heard of that brand before. :P

I've been dying tips of my hair or adding streaks into my hair since I was maybe..15-16. It's quite a bother with my hair being naturally black..Hence why I've never dyed all of my hair before. :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34826 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Hair
Envy wrote:

I've been dying tips of my hair or adding streaks into my hair since I was maybe..15-16. It's quite a bother with my hair being naturally black..Hence why I've never dyed all of my hair before. :woohoo:

Aww, I would love to have naturally black hair! Especially if it's dead straight. My natural hair is brown and wavy so I always have to flat iron it which damages it even more. I flirted with the idea of getting it chemically relaxed but I thought that was too permanent. At least this way, I still have the option of curling it if ever I wanted to. Black is my favorite hair color but I'm worried it may look a bit unnatural on me. I'd just have to be really careful with the undertone as there are red blacks and blue blacks. You don't have to worry about that being that yours is natural. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34829 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Aww, I would love to have naturally black hair! Especially if it's dead straight. My natural hair is brown and wavy so I always have to flat iron it which damages it even more. I flirted with the idea of getting it chemically relaxed but I thought that was too permanent. At least this way, I still have the option of curling it if ever I wanted to. Black is my favorite hair color but I'm worried it may look a bit unnatural on me. I'd just have to be really careful with the undertone as there are red blacks and blue blacks. You don't have to worry about that being that yours is natural. :)

:P My hair is dead straight, but there are tons of downsides. It's a real bitch to put up, as my hair is naturally heavy so it's painful and usually just falls out anyway..And curling it usually doesn't work too well. That'll fall out quick too, unless I leave my hair alone for a day after washing it to let it dry a bit before curling. After all that effort, it's usually time to wash it again by the end of the day, haha, so my hair can never be curly for long.

With hair that is naturally *not* black..It's so much easier to change colour! I have to bleach three times minimum to get any colour to take to my hair..:( Natural black and straight hair is all fine if you don't get bored of the look, as if you get bored, it's reaaally difficult to change it.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34972 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Hair
Oh, my other half has long hair, and I've only just managed to get him to use conditioner on it recently - can you believe it, his mum told him that conditioner was a waste of time! The fight continues, someday I will get him to a professional salon and it will look sooo gorgeous. He's starting to go a little grey at the temples, which looks even better as he's naturally dark.

As for me, well, I'd love to know what to do with mine! I have medium brown hair, fairly long - used to be to the small of my back, but I cut it a bit shorter. Sometimes I have to struggle and cut it myself, because there are now quite a few hairdressers who won't trim long hair - one even told me that my hair might get caught up in the plughole int eh sink, and another said she didn't want to have to kneel down to cut the bottom of my hair! I mean, what am I apying them for?! Ah well, I suppose it's not as bad as it was when I had dreads . . . .

More
12 years 8 months ago #34977 by Envy
DarkFlights wrote:

Sometimes I have to struggle and cut it myself, because there are now quite a few hairdressers who won't trim long hair - one even told me that my hair might get caught up in the plughole int eh sink, and another said she didn't want to have to kneel down to cut the bottom of my hair! I mean, what am I apying them for?! Ah well, I suppose it's not as bad as it was when I had dreads . . . .

:ohmy: Wow! What fussy hairdressers..

My mother's always trimmed or cut my hair for me and she's always cut her own hair too! I never saw the point in paying the ridiculous salon prices when all I ever want or require is a trim or a neatening of my layers.

:P All you have to do is watch a hairdresser do something like layering once and you can pretty much do it yourself from then on. I'll be cutting my own hair once I move to uni. From then on I guess it's just down to practice. Trims I can do myself, but layering my own hair would be quite a bitch of a task. :pinch:

More
12 years 8 months ago #34989 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Hair
Yes, the only problem I've had is trimming the back, but with care, time and ptience, it's not too hard.

Have you noticed the vast difference between male and female salons? My partner has hair as long as mine but would be charged possibly only a third of the price to trim it if he went to a dedicated barber shop as opposed to a unisex posh salon.

Sometimes it's nice to go to a good salon for a treat though - cup of coffee, magazine, comfy chair, and I think it feels nice to have someone else wash my hair for me, it's a scalp massage. :)

And I'm currently dyeing it purple! My hair's medium dark brown, so I hope it won't be too lurid! :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds