Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
12 years 8 months ago #34793 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Hair
Thanks. Manic Panic is sold everywhere over here so I'd be more inclined to try that. Never saw Directions anywhere maybe it's a European brand.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34794 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
firensia wrote:

Thanks. Manic Panic is sold everywhere over here so I'd be more inclined to try that. Never saw Directions anywhere maybe it's a European brand.

Probably. I'm not sure, but I think they are French. Anyway, yeah, I can find Directions here in normal stores, but can't find Manic Panic. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34797 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
black_magnolia wrote:

firensia wrote:

Has anyone ever tried Manic Panic hair dye? The temporary ones to be more specific. I'm think of adding some purple streaks to my hair but I'm not too sure how flattering it would be so that's why I only want something temporary. Any other ideas for good temporary hair dye?

Never tried Manic Panic, but I hear they are like the best on the market for temporary hair dye.
I also heard \"Directions\" was a good temporary hair dye.

Oh..To add to that, I've been doing a lot of research lately on dyes because I want my hair all blue sometime soon!

Basically..There are 4 main brands for temp. hair dye in unusual colours..Which would be Manic Panic, Directions, Special Effects and Stargazer..

In terms of colour, apparently best and most accurate is either Manic Panic/Directions first and then either Stargazer/Special Effects second..

And in terms of how long they last..Apparently Special Effects/Manic Panic is first, with Directions/Stargazer second..Depending on the kind of hair you have. SFX/Manic Panic seems to be in the 6-9 week area, though SFX apparently fades into another colour whereas Manic Panic tends to just go a bit fainter. Some say Directions lasts 2 weeks..Some say up to 4-6 weeks. All depends. Personal experience says Stargazer doesn't last for very long at all. :( Couple of weeks max. It fades fast.

If you're just wanting to try out a colour, there are always gel type options..A friend of mine uses those for streaks in her hair and it works pretty well. It's a comb-in dye type of thing. I think Stargazer does them, possibly Manic Panic as well..But basically you can have the colour and then wash it out at the end of the day.

If you find you like purple streaks, I'd say just bleach your hair (if needs be) and after trying out temp. dyes, just get a permanent dye from a mainstream brand. My mother's hair is all quite bright purple and she uses a mainstream brand which is permanent.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34807 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Hair
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

firensia wrote:

Has anyone ever tried Manic Panic hair dye? The temporary ones to be more specific. I'm think of adding some purple streaks to my hair but I'm not too sure how flattering it would be so that's why I only want something temporary. Any other ideas for good temporary hair dye?

Never tried Manic Panic, but I hear they are like the best on the market for temporary hair dye.
I also heard \"Directions\" was a good temporary hair dye.

Oh..To add to that, I've been doing a lot of research lately on dyes because I want my hair all blue sometime soon!

Basically..There are 4 main brands for temp. hair dye in unusual colours..Which would be Manic Panic, Directions, Special Effects and Stargazer..

In terms of colour, apparently best and most accurate is either Manic Panic/Directions first and then either Stargazer/Special Effects second..

And in terms of how long they last..Apparently Special Effects/Manic Panic is first, with Directions/Stargazer second..Depending on the kind of hair you have. SFX/Manic Panic seems to be in the 6-9 week area, though SFX apparently fades into another colour whereas Manic Panic tends to just go a bit fainter. Some say Directions lasts 2 weeks..Some say up to 4-6 weeks. All depends. Personal experience says Stargazer doesn't last for very long at all. :( Couple of weeks max. It fades fast.

If you're just wanting to try out a colour, there are always gel type options..A friend of mine uses those for streaks in her hair and it works pretty well. It's a comb-in dye type of thing. I think Stargazer does them, possibly Manic Panic as well..But basically you can have the colour and then wash it out at the end of the day.

If you find you like purple streaks, I'd say just bleach your hair (if needs be) and after trying out temp. dyes, just get a permanent dye from a mainstream brand. My mother's hair is all quite bright purple and she uses a mainstream brand which is permanent.

Thanks for the info. I've been reading a lot of reviews online about Manic Panic and it seems most people have had good experiences with it so I will definitely try it out this weekend. I probably will go for the gel type just in case things go awry, at least I won't have to deal with it for 6 weeks.

Eventually, I think I am just going to dye my hair black as sun damage is starting to be too apparent and I'm scared that if I henna it back to dark brown, it will only fade and then I'm back at square one. Plus, black and purple look really well together so then my hair would probably match my outfit. :laugh: I've never had colored streaks in my hair before but I love the way it looks on other people so hopefully I will have the same luck.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34811 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
Sounds good! :D Glad to help.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34815 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re: Hair
Iv'e been using manic panic since I was 14 yrs. old, on and off, and have never complained about it. I just dyed my hair back to black, and tried a new brand called Splat. The colors called Pink Fetish, it's pretty good.

ZOSO

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds