Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
12 years 8 months ago #34641 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
firensia wrote:

Thanks for relocating my post. I hadn't even noticed this thread. :blush: I haven't dyed my hair in about a year and even then it was a temporary brown color. My hair right now is somewhat sun/heat damaged and that tends to make it look a bit lighter so that's why I want to dye it. My local pharmacy sells some henna hair dye and I've also seen some on eBay. Don't really trust eBay sellers as henna is used for different things so maybe there are different types. I've also heard that mixing it with black coffee instead of warm water deepens the color. Guess I'd just have to try it to see. Thanks for the info. :)

Henna is henna. The one that is for example used for body painting is (or it at least should be) very good quality henna. If your hair has been naturally \"bleached\" by the sun, I think you'll in fact have it even easier to dye it with henna.

You'll really just have to experiment a bit. ;) I've heard a girl was trying to get red hair so she mixed henna, turmeric and red paprika powder with cold chamomile tea+vinegar+lemon juice. :woohoo:

I would never try experimenting with artificial dye, but with henna - why not? It's natural, so there shouldn't be any harm. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34647 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re: Hair
I just bleached my hair, but I don't know which color to change it to. I've always liked that dark red color, but I was thinking maybe going with brown. My hair getting pretty long now. It's been a long time since I had it this long. Every now and then I get tired of the same look, and I like to change it. I was also just thinking of going with my natural color, which is black.
My boyfriends hair is short, and black. I like guys with both short or long hair. My boyfriend want's me to change it from straight to curly, but I don't know. I'm scared I won't look good.

ZOSO

More
12 years 8 months ago #34650 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
Prissy wrote:

I just bleached my hair, but I don't know which color to change it to. I've always liked that dark red color, but I was thinking maybe going with brown. My hair getting pretty long now. It's been a long time since I had it this long. Every now and then I get tired of the same look, and I like to change it. I was also just thinking of going with my natural color, which is black.
My boyfriends hair is short, and black. I like guys with both short or long hair. My boyfriend want's me to change it from straight to curly, but I don't know. I'm scared I won't look good.

Ooh..How many times did you bleach in order to get all the natural black out? Curious..Takes me about 3x or more and I don't think my hair appreciates it much. :woohoo:

I don't know about colour, but as for going curly..I'd say no. That's what curling tongs are for. >.< I'd think that permed curly hair would be quite a handful..But it's your choice really. You could always try curling with tongs to try the look out and see if you like it.

Personally I think I'd go insane with the maintenance. :S My hair's naturally black and straight - And I'm preeeetty happy to wake out of bed and head straight out of the door. If I feel like it's a special day, I'll go and curl my hair. :woohoo: Couldn't imagine life otherwise.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34653 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
Prissy, I agree with Envy on the curling. If you don't know how it would suit you, try it out with curling tongs. If you like it and don't feel like curling your hair everyday you may try a perm. It's not such a big thing, really. One of my friends really liked curly hair but she had naturally very straight hair so it was a pain having to curl her hair every day, so she opted for a perm. When you get bored of it, you can always grow it out/not renew it. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34656 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Hair
Prissy wrote:

My mum used to perm her hair and it completely damaged it it to the point where she had to cut it off. If you've been bleaching your hair, I'd suggest waiting a few weeks before perming as it could burn your hair. If you do decide to perm your hair, I suggest using big curlers for a more natural look, otherwise it could look a bit dated.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34657 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
firensia wrote:

If you do decide to perm your hair, I suggest using big curlers for a more natural look, otherwise it could look a bit dated.

Ahh I didn't think about that. When I think of curly perms, I automatically think of the extremely curly look. :P Big curlers would probably mean less maintenance than a fully curly perm, if it was that kind of natural look.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds