Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
12 years 9 months ago #34099 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
Hehe my fringe is growing out - I need to get it re-done. I love having a fringe! :P

Has that girlish-young quality about it, and I figured I'm not going to look my age anytime soon so I might as well play up to the young look. :silly:

Your new haircut sounds great, Magnolia! My usual one is similar but with a very loose/choppy asymmetrical fringe..Though I think this time around I won't get my hair layered and I'll just have my fringe done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34102 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
Thanks! :)

I haven't had a fringe for years. I think the last time was more then 6 years ago. :silly: Feels a bit weird for now, but I like how with all these layers I'll be able to do more with my hair.

I was able to shock my sister with my new look yesterday, so it already paid off as an investment if you ask me. :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34623 by firensia
Has anyone ever tried Henna to dye their hair? I'm think of coloring my hair (currently it's dark brown but I want it even darker) but I don't want to use any regular hair dye that's packed with a bunch of harmful chemicals. Henna seems to be a natural alternative but I've also heard some stories where the color didn't turn out as expected so needless to say, I am a bit conflicted on whether I should I try it or not. :unsure:

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34626 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

Has anyone ever tried Henna to dye their hair? I'm think of coloring my hair (currently it's dark brown but I want it even darker) but I don't want to use any regular hair dye that's packed with a bunch of harmful chemicals. Henna seems to be a natural alternative but I've also heard some stories where the color didn't turn out as expected so needless to say, I am a bit conflicted on whether I should I try it or not. :unsure:

I thought about trying it myself, but I'm too lazy to dye my hair alone. :silly:

Anyway, one of my friends tried it out. She didn't get the desired hair colour on the first try, but it wasn't bad at all. You have to experiment for a while becasue the result depends a lot on the condition of your hair before henna - ergo, are you dying your natural hair or did you dye with artificial colour before and which colour (if you dyed with red or black it will take you ages to get those pigments out of your hair)...

I think you wouldn't have problems going from dark brown to an even darker brown with henna. Not a lot that can go wrong there.

The only thing I've heard is that it is really hard to get your hands on proper good quality henna. I've heard that a lot of stores sell stuff as henna, but in fact it isn't real henna, so I recommend that you first look out if you can find the real thing. Here in Croatia we can't really find any good one, my friend had to organise it via Bosnia from Turkey. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34635 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Hair
Thanks for relocating my post. I hadn't even noticed this thread. :blush: I haven't dyed my hair in about a year and even then it was a temporary brown color. My hair right now is somewhat sun/heat damaged and that tends to make it look a bit lighter so that's why I want to dye it. My local pharmacy sells some henna hair dye and I've also seen some on eBay. Don't really trust eBay sellers as henna is used for different things so maybe there are different types. I've also heard that mixing it with black coffee instead of warm water deepens the color. Guess I'd just have to try it to see. Thanks for the info. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34636 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
:) Wow, learn something new everyday. I didn't even know henna could be used as hair dye.

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds