Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
12 years 11 months ago #32978 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
Morgana wrote:

I almost never use a hair-dryer, I just let mine dry naturally, since the heat is much too drying. The only time I'll use a dryer is if I have to go out just after washing my hair in the winter, and I don't want it to freeze.

Ah, I did that for a time too, ergo leave my hair to dry naturally and only use a dryer during winter if I had to go out immediately, but it just needs a very long time to dry that way and it feels weird waking up the next day and having your hair still moist... :S
During summer it's ok, it dries up faster naturally so I don't bother with drying it at all because I don't like the extra heat from the dryer when it's already so hot outside...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32983 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I almost never use a hair-dryer, I just let mine dry naturally, since the heat is much too drying. The only time I'll use a dryer is if I have to go out just after washing my hair in the winter, and I don't want it to freeze.

Ah, I did that for a time too, ergo leave my hair to dry naturally and only use a dryer during winter if I had to go out immediately, but it just needs a very long time to dry that way and it feels weird waking up the next day and having your hair still moist... :S
During summer it's ok, it dries up faster naturally so I don't bother with drying it at all because I don't like the extra heat from the dryer when it's already so hot outside...

Hmm..My hair gets a funny texture if I don't blow-dry it. :pinch: It's like a squeaky-clean feeling instead of silky-smooth. Feels horrible to run my fingers through it. Even in the summer, I'll partially blowdry it.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32991 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Hair
Mine takes hours to dry too, especially during the winter. But it gets way too dried out and static-y if I blow dry it. I have enough problems with static in the winter... don't need to add any more to it.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32998 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

Mine takes hours to dry too, especially during the winter. But it gets way too dried out and static-y if I blow dry it. I have enough problems with static in the winter... don't need to add any more to it.

Oh, didn't think about that. I fortunately don't have problems with static hair, but I sometimes end up statically charged on my own so I get jolts whenever I get near some metal, but my hair stays put. A bit annoying really, but it's just on some days. :huh:

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago #33090 by Dreamfullofzen
Replied by Dreamfullofzen on topic Re: Hair
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Dreamfullofzen wrote:

B.t.w, just to clear any confusion: I am straight... lol.. :P

haha :P Don't worry, I find it pretty common that guys with long hair know a lot about beauty hair products and all things related. A friend of mine is straight and we once ended up talking about hair conditioners for an hour. :silly:
And generally speaking, I don't like seeing long-haired men (or women, for that matter) that can't look after their hair. It's just awful to see. Don't have long hair if you don't know or can't bother to look after it - it's as easy as that. :woohoo:

I can't agree more!

Nothing is more attractive than a guy who has long hair *and looks after it well*. No-one wants to sit near the smelly greasy-mophead-man (which unfortunately I have the pleasure of at college and I know friends who also face the exact same situation everyday). :S

My ex-boyfriend had a better and a wider range of haircare stuff than me, now I think about it! He used to also spend about 1-2 hours making sure his hair was *perfectly straight* before he would leave his flat..(Was nice that he cared for his hair so well, but the obsession with needing his hair perfectly straight without a hair out of line drove me up the wall whenever I wanted to go out). :woohoo:

I try and look after it, but depression and feelin low can get the better of anyone.

I only wash it once a week, fortunately though, my hair doesn't get that greasy, or smell bad (smells quite nice actually when it gets abit greasy).

Needing hair to be perfect is abit much. every time I wash n style it, it ends up abit different then the previous time, and I'm fine with that.. my hair has a mind of it's own, I let it play..
:woohoo:

More
12 years 9 months ago #34095 by black_magnolia
I was at the hairdresser's today and got quite a big change done.

First, I got the black dye pulled out. We didn't manage to pull everything of the colour out, but now the transition form my natural hair to the dyed part is more natural becasue some of the dyed part turned dark-brown and on some parts red-brown with the tips being even a darker brown-black. A bit hard to explain, but it really looks good. :)

Then I got a totally new cut. Before I had just simple long hair without bangs. Now there's a load of different lengths - more structure, and I got short asymmetrical bangs. The bangs make me look younger. :ohmy:

And for the end my hairdresser curled the longest part of my hair. Well, that's just for a finish - hopefully it'll last at least today. My sister has a curler so I can also redo the curls in the future.

I hope I'll get used to this new look soon, for now I feel a bit weird - mostly becasue of the bangs. :woohoo:

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds