Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
12 years 11 months ago #32893 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
Dreamfullofzen wrote:

B.t.w, just to clear any confusion: I am straight... lol.. :P

haha :P Don't worry, I find it pretty common that guys with long hair know a lot about beauty hair products and all things related. A friend of mine is straight and we once ended up talking about hair conditioners for an hour. :silly:
And generally speaking, I don't like seeing long-haired men (or women, for that matter) that can't look after their hair. It's just awful to see. Don't have long hair if you don't know or can't bother to look after it - it's as easy as that. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32894 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
black_magnolia wrote:

Dreamfullofzen wrote:

B.t.w, just to clear any confusion: I am straight... lol.. :P

haha :P Don't worry, I find it pretty common that guys with long hair know a lot about beauty hair products and all things related. A friend of mine is straight and we once ended up talking about hair conditioners for an hour. :silly:
And generally speaking, I don't like seeing long-haired men (or women, for that matter) that can't look after their hair. It's just awful to see. Don't have long hair if you don't know or can't bother to look after it - it's as easy as that. :woohoo:

I can't agree more!

Nothing is more attractive than a guy who has long hair *and looks after it well*. No-one wants to sit near the smelly greasy-mophead-man (which unfortunately I have the pleasure of at college and I know friends who also face the exact same situation everyday). :S

My ex-boyfriend had a better and a wider range of haircare stuff than me, now I think about it! He used to also spend about 1-2 hours making sure his hair was *perfectly straight* before he would leave his flat..(Was nice that he cared for his hair so well, but the obsession with needing his hair perfectly straight without a hair out of line drove me up the wall whenever I wanted to go out). :woohoo:

More
12 years 11 months ago #32903 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

No-one wants to sit near the smelly greasy-mophead-man (which unfortunately I have the pleasure of at college and I know friends who also face the exact same situation everyday). :S

My ex-boyfriend had a better and a wider range of haircare stuff than me, now I think about it!

I usually have the misfortune of seeing more of the split-ends-till-scalp type then the not-washed ones. Don't know which is worse, the one that hurts your eyes or the other that attacks your nose. :X

(I don't want to even start about all those with a ton of hair gel on their head.)

Now that I think about it, I also have a slim range of hair products. Basically two bottles of shampoos (I somehow always run out of shampoo when shops don't work or something - I learned my lesson after the 3rd time :silly: ), bottle of conditioner and a bottle of avocado oil (for the tips) - that's basically it.

I'm experimenting a bit with shampoo brands, still didn't come across one that I'm really satisfied with.

I did treat myself to a powerful hair-dryer (bloody expensive thing, but really worth it) a couple of years ago because I hate wasting a lot of time to dry my hair. Washing + drying my hair = 15-20 minutes.

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32904 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
black_magnolia wrote:

Now that I think about it, I also have a slim range of hair products. Basically two bottles of shampoos (I somehow always run out of shampoo when shops don't work or something - I learned my lesson after the 3rd time :silly: ), bottle of conditioner and a bottle of avocado oil (for the tips) - that's basically it.

I'm experimenting a bit with shampoo brands, still didn't come across one that I'm really satisfied with.

I did treat myself to a powerful hair-dryer (bloody expensive thing, but really worth it) a couple of years ago because I hate wasting a lot of time to dry my hair. Washing + drying my hair = 15-20 minutes.

:P I have the same as you when it comes to shampoos and conditioners..Two bottles of shampoo and one big bottle of conditioner.

I found that one type of 'Pantene' shampoo made my hair super-shiny..But I can't remember which one. :woohoo: It was pretty new..I'll have to keep experimenting until I find it again. Seem to recall it had a clear bottle.

Haven't ever needed to invest in an expensive hair-dryer as mine dries within 5 minutes with just a cheap one. I did however need to invest in an alright pair of hair curlers..And other than that I have a range of fun/decorative/pretty things for my hair. :P Mainly various bows..

Oh. And I have a bottle of my ex's heat defence spray in my cupboard somewhere..Though I only ever used that to spray on things to make them smell nice, haha. :S Never used it on my hair.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32910 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Haven't ever needed to invest in an expensive hair-dryer as mine dries within 5 minutes with just a cheap one. I did however need to invest in an alright pair of hair curlers..And other than that I have a range of fun/decorative/pretty things for my hair. :P Mainly various bows..

Lucky you! My hair soaks up so much water that it's a pain to get it dry like at the hairdresser's. When I'm in a rush I just leave it half-dry and run. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32977 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Hair
I almost never use a hair-dryer, I just let mine dry naturally, since the heat is much too drying. The only time I'll use a dryer is if I have to go out just after washing my hair in the winter, and I don't want it to freeze.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds