Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
12 years 11 months ago #32831 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
Envy wrote:

I found that online. :P Any good? Though the forks used there are huuuge..

Ah, good one. :P The Alchemy fork isn't much smaller, you know. It's 18.5 cm, so I think pretty much like the fork used in the video, at least length-wise.

I'll just have to try it out and see how it works. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32837 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
Oh. I meant big as in with the gaps between the fork prongs in that vid. I could've sworn the Alchemy forks were narrower and slimmer. :unsure:

:P Glad that's useful anyway.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32843 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Hair
Thanks for the info/video, ladies!

I may have to buy some cheap hair sticks/forks to experiment with, but I'm skeptical that any of it would work for me, based on that video. My hair is also waist length, straight, and very fine, although it's thick overall (if that makes any sense), so it's hard for clips to get any kind of grip on it.

I have some clips of the same style as the Crystal Bat Clip, and they're good for about 5 minutes... maybe 10 if I sit perfectly still. Not very practical...

Ah well, Alchemy makes lots of other pretty things that I can wear.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32863 by Dreamfullofzen
Replied by Dreamfullofzen on topic Re: Hair
Mine's \"interesting\".

I have naturally frizzy/curly hair. I grow the top, and have the back and sides shaven (undercut). Generally I did that because my hair was too thick to grow out completely, but then I got used to how it looks, even after my hair has thinned out over the years.

I was leaving it curly for a number of years, but now I'm back to straightening it with a hair iron.

At the moment it's fairly long. I'd post a pic but if you hope on over to my youtube page you can see it for yourselves.
:)

More
12 years 11 months ago #32868 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
Dreamfullofzen wrote:

Mine's \"interesting\".

I have naturally frizzy/curly hair. I grow the top, and have the back and sides shaven (undercut). Generally I did that because my hair was too thick to grow out completely, but then I got used to how it looks, even after my hair has thinned out over the years.

I was leaving it curly for a number of years, but now I'm back to straightening it with a hair iron.

At the moment it's fairly long. I'd post a pic but if you hope on over to my youtube page you can see it for yourselves.

:P Oh. I think your hair looked pretty good just naturally curly. How long does it take to straighten it?

More
12 years 11 months ago #32890 by Dreamfullofzen
Replied by Dreamfullofzen on topic Re: Hair
Envy wrote:

Dreamfullofzen wrote:

Mine's \"interesting\".

:P Oh. I think your hair looked pretty good just naturally curly. How long does it take to straighten it?

Hey Envy,

Problem is here in Cairo the weather is quite arid, so with my hair already being the dry type, it cracks / frizzs up bigtime. So that means I have to wash it & put condition in allot, which in turn makes it weak and fallout like crazy... I like both looks, I'm just straightening it because I was starting to lose allot of hair due to the over conditioning / washing.

I got a new babyliss hair iron, tourmaline with ionic blah blah, some woman (whom i don't know) endorses it or something. I use a hair dryer on a low heat setting to dry it & straighten the roots, then the iron. In the past it took me a long time, but with this new hair iron, and my thinner hair, it actually only takes me about 40 minutes! (in the past it was a minimum of 1:30mins, and if I did a good job, 2+ hours!!!).

Technology really is a blessing!

B.t.w, just to clear any confusion: I am straight... lol.. :P

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds