Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
13 years 9 months ago #23517 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
@ helapj: I agree with Morgana and Kuroboshi. For such a big day, your best bet is to have some professional hands work with your hair.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23566 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Hair
Check out Gothic Beauty magazine's web site, and several other gothic shops online, the models have a great range of hair styles. I also have curly hair, and I don't try to straighten it anymore. Losing battle, that was. I usually go with the Victorian look myself, so twisting my hair in an up-do solves the curly problem, but if you aren't into the Victorian look, it doesn't really help.

Since I have stopped bleaching and dyeing my hair, it has gotten a lot softer and nicer again, but it is now half white/half red. Ahhh. A strange combo, but it is growing on me (quite literally, as well as figuratively). But regardless of color, it feels and looks much healthier now. I can't decide if I want to try dyeing it again, thinking about going back to black, but I can't decide. Maybe dark red again? I guess I should just wait.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23667 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Hair
Well, I finally got around to getting my hair cut. I got about 6 or 7 inches off it, and it feels extremely short to me. But it's still halfway down my back, so I guess I can live with it.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23680 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
Morgana wrote:

Well, I finally got around to getting my hair cut. I got about 6 or 7 inches off it, and it feels extremely short to me. But it's still halfway down my back, so I guess I can live with it.

I have the same feeling when I cut my hair, but it basically grows back so fast that I sometimes even miss the light feeling of having less hair to carry around. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23698 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Hair
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I have the same feeling when I cut my hair, but it basically grows back so fast that I sometimes even miss the light feeling of having less hair to carry around. :silly:

Same here... the hairdresser asked me if I was sure I wanted that much cut off. I told her not to worry about going too short, it'd be grown back by the time I got home anyway! It does feel lighter though, which is nice in the heat.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23708 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
What kind of hair do you girls prefer for formal occasions? Straight hair or wavy/curled?

I had mine curled for one formal dinner and straight for another (my damned curling tongs don't seem to heat up when I use the transformer plug things in the US so getting my hair curled was a real *beeper*) and I swear I look a lot older/more formal with curled hair.

What are your opinions?

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds