Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
13 years 9 months ago #22884 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Hair
Well, apparently, according to my hairdresser, red hair is the hardest to bleach out (it turns orange instead of blond). It took 3 bleachings the first time I had it done to make it white, and it was fine afterward. It didn't start getting really bad until I had repeated this process on my roots as they grew out. I had that done 3 more times over the course of about 6 months, and finally gave up on bleached hair. My hair was getting worse every time it was treated. You only have to treat the roots after the initial process, so it isn't as bad, but it is still very drying, but my hair never fell out, just turned into a texture like dry grass. Not attractive or pleasant to touch. And I conditioned the heck out of it, so that's not the issue, there just wasn't enough left of most of my hair to condition. Just brittle straw. But that's not necessarily what will happen to you. My hair is naturally curly, and tends to frizz on even cool dry days, so perhaps that has something to do with it?

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22990 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
Hmm..I don't know. My hair is naturally straight and is quite heavy. You would assume it's pretty hardy when it comes to bleaching, but I get masses of split ends etc. even with overloads of conditioner and all sorts of hair treatments. That was just for highlights as well.

Nervous about what would happen if I dyed all of my hair blue..But I really like the sounds of it.

..Reckon people leading the university interviews would hate someone with all-blue hair/be more likely to reject me?

More
13 years 9 months ago #22992 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
Envy wrote:

Hmm..I don't know. My hair is naturally straight and is quite heavy. You would assume it's pretty hardy when it comes to bleaching, but I get masses of split ends etc. even with overloads of conditioner and all sorts of hair treatments. That was just for highlights as well.

Nervous about what would happen if I dyed all of my hair blue..But I really like the sounds of it.

..Reckon people leading the university interviews would hate someone with all-blue hair/be more likely to reject me?

I don't think the hair colour would be such a problem. It's more about your grades and how you \"sell\" yourself. You just have to be confidant about it and your hair will be the smallest problem.

Maybe you should try using a hair mask instead of a conditioner for your hair if you have so much problems with split ends. My sister has the same problems and using a mask instead of a conditioner helped her a lot.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22997 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't think the hair colour would be such a problem. It's more about your grades and how you \"sell\" yourself. You just have to be confidant about it and your hair will be the smallest problem.

Maybe you should try using a hair mask instead of a conditioner for your hair if you have so much problems with split ends. My sister has the same problems and using a mask instead of a conditioner helped her a lot.

Could be a point, but I fear the interviewers wanting any reason to put me in the 'rejected' pile. I know that supposedly there is no discrimination in the system based on looks, but there's always the odd few..

What exactly is a hair mask? I've tried using some kind of hot oil thing on my hair before which helped a bit - Very messy though, so I haven't done it more than 3 times at the most.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23001 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
Envy wrote:

What exactly is a hair mask? I've tried using some kind of hot oil thing on my hair before which helped a bit - Very messy though, so I haven't done it more than 3 times at the most.

Well, it's like a facial mask, but just for your hair. It's a bit 'stronger' then the usual conditioner. You leave it in your hair for a couple of minutes so that it works, read the instructions for the details so that you're sure. They are usually sold in containers, not in bottles or tubes and are usually more expensive then a conditioner.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23031 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Well, it's like a facial mask, but just for your hair. It's a bit 'stronger' then the usual conditioner. You leave it in your hair for a couple of minutes so that it works, read the instructions for the details so that you're sure. They are usually sold in containers, not in bottles or tubes and are usually more expensive then a conditioner.

Oh, that sounds interesting. I've never come across a 'hair mask' before, but yet again, I've never looked for one. I'll have a look next time I'm out shopping - I have so many things to find and buy thanks to all the input from here. :P

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds