Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
13 years 10 months ago #22352 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
black_magnolia wrote:

I have a friend that has pink/magenta hair. She had to bleeach her hair repetadly before putting on the pink and had to repeat the pink a couple of times till it stopped fading, and now she's ok with regular dying like every month and a half, but she has to use a ton on hair products for coloured hair to keep it remotely healthy.

I never heared about US salons having so permanent dyes, but I also never asked about it...

Argh..Sounds really high maintenance - But I guess, I really want to try dying all of my hair blue before I have to head off into 'the serious world of work' after university. Gives me about 4 years to decide whether to dye my hair completely..I'd be scared as to whether all of my hair would fall out as well. I've bleached multiple times before to get a bunch of decent blue highlights, it's just going all the way that I'm uncertain of.

Knowing my luck, all my hair will fall out the moment I choose to have a full head of blue. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22392 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
Envy wrote:

Argh..Sounds really high maintenance - But I guess, I really want to try dying all of my hair blue before I have to head off into 'the serious world of work' after university. Gives me about 4 years to decide whether to dye my hair completely..I'd be scared as to whether all of my hair would fall out as well. I've bleached multiple times before to get a bunch of decent blue highlights, it's just going all the way that I'm uncertain of.

Knowing my luck, all my hair will fall out the moment I choose to have a full head of blue. :S

Well, it's surely worth a try and I don't think you'll lose all your hair. :silly:
Best thing to do is to ask a good up-to-date hairdresser what to do. I know some are still using prehistoric materials and techniques when dying hair, and I'm sure you don't want them to work with your hair.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22393 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Well, it's surely worth a try and I don't think you'll lose all your hair. :silly:
Best thing to do is to ask a good up-to-date hairdresser what to do. I know some are still using prehistoric materials and techniques when dying hair, and I'm sure you don't want them to work with your hair.

Okay, I guess I'll go around and do some research. :silly: Thanks for the help.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22445 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Hair
scootiebee wrote:

I think the chemical property thing mainly applies to things like facial creams, anyway, and not so much for hair products, but what do I know? But for shampoo, I am currently near the bottom of the bottle (well, the top since I flipped it over), but it is hard to balance the top shaped like an egg. I wish they all had a flat top! :)

For anything that has a rounded top, I put it in some kind of plastic container, such as an old drinking glass or empty yogurt dish. Then you can stand it upside down without it falling over, and get the last of the product out of it.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22814 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Hair
Great idea Morgana!

And Envy, we in the U.S. only have dyes that last between 4-8 weeks depending on the quality of the product or stylist. And bleaching my hair once didn't harm it, but after 4 or 5 go arounds, it was fried. I had to cut it real short to get rid of the straw portion of my hair. No more dye. I can live with gray hair, which is rapidly turning white anyway. Ha! Just as soon as I have to teach Lucy how to drive, I am sure my hair will go white overnight. ;)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22821 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

And Envy, we in the U.S. only have dyes that last between 4-8 weeks depending on the quality of the product or stylist. And bleaching my hair once didn't harm it, but after 4 or 5 go arounds, it was fried. I had to cut it real short to get rid of the straw portion of my hair. No more dye. I can live with gray hair, which is rapidly turning white anyway. Ha! Just as soon as I have to teach Lucy how to drive, I am sure my hair will go white overnight. ;)

Ahh that's why I fear trying to dye all of my hair blue this time. Firstly, I need at least 3-4 bleaches to get my hair the right colour for taking on blue dye and that'll probably make all my hair fall out..Secondly, I fear the fading and then being stuck with strange green-blonde hair until I can get it dyed again. :huh:

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds