Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
13 years 11 months ago #21562 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
Morgana wrote:

I cut open almost-empty bottles and tubes of pretty much every product that I use, to get the last bit out of them. For some of the heavier plastic ones, I have to get my husband to cut them, because of problems with my hands. But I don't see any point in throwing them out when you know they're not empty.

Yeah, I hate wasting things, but I also get extremely frustrated at getting the last of stuff out of a bottle. Hence why I have so many bottles left over. I tend to avoid cutting things open because tough plastic really gives me grief. I'm not the strongest person out there and I'm pretty clumsy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #22185 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Hair
This is splendid. I sometimes hate curly hair. I woke up this morning and my husband asked me when I went to see Russel Brand's hairdresser. Ugh. The curls are going through a phase where it causes all my hair to stand straight up. I can't wait for another week when they grow out enough to point DOWN again! :)

I also cut open bottles to get the last drop of stuff out. It is harder with sunblock and face creams, though, because they lose their properties when exposed to air. I just wish all shampoo and conditioner bottles had a flat lid so you can stand them upside-down easily. That really helps. I hate fancy round-topped bottles that won't stand upside-down.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #22199 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Hair
Whenever I cut open a bottle of something, I place a damp washcloth over the top of it for the few days it takes me to use it all up. I'm not sure how protective it is for the chemical properties of the product, but it does keep it from drying up before I finish it off.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22288 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Hair
I think the chemical property thing mainly applies to things like facial creams, anyway, and not so much for hair products, but what do I know? But for shampoo, I am currently near the bottom of the bottle (well, the top since I flipped it over), but it is hard to balance the top shaped like an egg. I wish they all had a flat top! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22336 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
Thinking about getting my hair dyed when I'm in the US..Supposedly US salons have the 'most permanent' blue dye you can get..

If I had my way, I'd have all of my hair done blue, but the fact blue fades really puts me off.

Has anyone here ever had their whole head dyed an unusual colour like..Blue, white or pink? What did you do when it started to fade out? Did you dye your eyebrows as well? :blink:

I don't understand how some people can keep a whole head of pink hair and not have it fade out and look strange..Unless they dye it every month or something..

More
13 years 10 months ago #22344 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
Envy wrote:

Thinking about getting my hair dyed when I'm in the US..Supposedly US salons have the 'most permanent' blue dye you can get..

If I had my way, I'd have all of my hair done blue, but the fact blue fades really puts me off.

Has anyone here ever had their whole head dyed an unusual colour like..Blue, white or pink? What did you do when it started to fade out? Did you dye your eyebrows as well? :blink:

I don't understand how some people can keep a whole head of pink hair and not have it fade out and look strange..Unless they dye it every month or something..

I have a friend that has pink/magenta hair. She had to bleeach her hair repetadly before putting on the pink and had to repeat the pink a couple of times till it stopped fading, and now she's ok with regular dying like every month and a half, but she has to use a ton on hair products for coloured hair to keep it remotely healthy.

I never heared about US salons having so permanent dyes, but I also never asked about it...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds