Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
13 years 11 months ago #21521 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
Hmm..Bit of a dilemma. I had originally planned on growing out my layers and just having straight, long hair with a straight fringe..However..I would really miss having blue highlights in my hair, which I'd need layers for..

Not sure which to pick.

What do you reckon has more of a range when it comes to styling your hair? Having layered hair or having just plain, unlayered, untouched hair? I generally only have my hair down and straight, in two bunches or down and curled.

Also - Any tips for getting the last of the conditioner out of a bottle? It's been driving me nuts..I have about 5 bottles of conditioner which have a small amount left inside but won't come out. :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21532 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
Envy wrote:

Hmm..Bit of a dilemma. I had originally planned on growing out my layers and just having straight, long hair with a straight fringe..However..I would really miss having blue highlights in my hair, which I'd need layers for..

Not sure which to pick.

What do you reckon has more of a range when it comes to styling your hair? Having layered hair or having just plain, unlayered, untouched hair? I generally only have my hair down and straight, in two bunches or down and curled.

Also - Any tips for getting the last of the conditioner out of a bottle? It's been driving me nuts..I have about 5 bottles of conditioner which have a small amount left inside but won't come out. :angry:

I have layers because I have so much hair and having it just straight with my lenght would make it realy heavy on my head. I wore it straight for years but it became afwully time consuming...
I think it's easier to do stuff with layered hair then with plain straight hair. I know my hairdresser had her hands full till she got my hair styled for my prom, I still had plain straight hair then...

About the conditioner, have you tried turning the bottles upside down and leaving them like that for a day or two so that the conditioner can get to the opening on its own?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21534 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I have layers because I have so much hair and having it just straight with my lenght would make it realy heavy on my head. I wore it straight for years but it became afwully time consuming...
I think it's easier to do stuff with layered hair then with plain straight hair. I know my hairdresser had her hands full till she got my hair styled for my prom, I still had plain straight hair then...

About the conditioner, have you tried turning the bottles upside down and leaving them like that for a day or two so that the conditioner can get to the opening on its own?

Think I might stick with layers then..My hair is also very heavy and very long.

All 5 of my bottles are currently upside-down, haha, but only a little of what's left comes out. I know there's something there because if I hold it up to the light I can see the shadow.

Just don't particularly want to resort to cutting open all my bottles to get to what's inside.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21540 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
Envy wrote:

All 5 of my bottles are currently upside-down, haha, but only a little of what's left comes out. I know there's something there because if I hold it up to the light I can see the shadow.

Just don't particularly want to resort to cutting open all my bottles to get to what's inside.

Maybe adding just a bit of water would help? I don't have any more ideas... hmm... I think cutting them open would be the easiest way in the end instead of wasting time figuring out another way.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21551 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Maybe adding just a bit of water would help? I don't have any more ideas... hmm... I think cutting them open would be the easiest way in the end instead of wasting time figuring out another way.

I'll give water a go. I hate cutting open plastic bottles. I end up with cuts and bruises all over from the tough/sharp material.

Thanks anyway. ^.^ Ideas much appreciated.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21554 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Hair
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I cut open almost-empty bottles and tubes of pretty much every product that I use, to get the last bit out of them. For some of the heavier plastic ones, I have to get my husband to cut them, because of problems with my hands. But I don't see any point in throwing them out when you know they're not empty.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds