Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
14 years 2 months ago #16679 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Hair
True, I don't do it very often either, the ''salad'' feeling is a bit funny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16704 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Hair
Yeah you are right I forgot olive oil can be used as a natural mask (beer can too and eggs and mayonnaise but really havent experimented with it), thanks for the reminder and the recipes I guess all the products I own got to my head more than literally :D :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #16716 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
scootiebee wrote:

I did that once, put olive oil all over my hair, and used a plastic shower cap over it. I was told it was a natural remedy for head lice, and it worked. When my daughter was in kindergarten, her whole class had head lice, and she brought it home to us. Lucky us! It worked out okay, because we were in the process of moving to our current house, and all our stuff had to go into storage for a few months, so every pillow, stuffed animal, etc., lived in plastic bags in storage for three months, and that killed all the lice. But olive oil will make your hair feel wonderful! I just couldn't do it on a regular basis, with all the mess, and smelling like a salad.

Aah! I've only ever had head lice once and that was when I was...7 or so..When horrific children in my class were passing it on.

I recall moving away from this girl who had *so many* head lice that they were clearly visible moving in her hair..I moved because I didn't want it. She took offence, put her hand up and told the teacher that I was always moving away from her, so the teacher went and MADE me sit right next to her! It was disgusting!

Later on, she realised I was right and she told me that her mother had got rid of all of them.

She happened to also be the girl who borrowed one of my books and returned it with a ripped front cover. Eugh.

Thanks for that remedy anyway, I'll bear it in mind for any future cases. I'd hate to catch head lice from a child of mine..:P In my mind, lice was always something associated with primary school children, and having long hair like mine would just be hell to treat.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16725 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Hair

I'd hate to catch head lice from a child of mine.. In my mind, lice was always something associated with primary school children, and having long hair like mine would just be hell to treat.

Aren't there some shampoos for sensitive skin that can get rid of lice? I had them while in elementary school (a story similar to envy's) and with one scrub they fell off while I was combing my hair :woohoo: it was really that easy, and that was that regarding lice for me.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #16727 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
I didn't have lice but I had to take a special shampoo treatment because my sister got them in kindergarten so it was a precaution... I just remember that the shampoo had a really disgusting smell. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16784 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Hair
Yes, we used the shampoo for lice, but just to be on the safe side, I tried the olive oil too. The shampoo does smell horrible. you would think since it is made of flowers that it would smell nice (pyrethrin comes from mums), but it smells toxic and horrible. I would rather smell like salad!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds