Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
14 years 2 months ago #16538 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Hair
The best part of being dyed again is that my hair no longer feels like straw. It was so brittle from being bleached so many times, that it feels like something was restored to it by adding dye. I think I will leave it red for a while. I missed my red hair!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16572 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
scootiebee wrote:

The best part of being dyed again is that my hair no longer feels like straw. It was so brittle from being bleached so many times, that it feels like something was restored to it by adding dye. I think I will leave it red for a while. I missed my red hair!

Oh, really? My mother is always complaining to me that my hair is straw-like because I dye it too much. She keeps trying to make me use some kind of...Oil thing..On my hair. But I really hate the idea of putting oil in my hair to make it less straw-like.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16605 by scootiebee
Do you bleach your hair before dying it, or just use dye? I have always found my hair feels better after dye, softer and less frizzy. And I do use a silicone-based conditioner on it, sort of feels like oil, but when my hair is dry it feels dry, not oily. But it does protect it from frizzy ends, especially if you are styling with heat (hair dryer, iron, etc.)

More
14 years 2 months ago #16621 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Hair
I have the same issue, my hair looks strange after dying it and is all dry and i must admit almost artificial looking, sometimes I think of puting olive oil on the ends I know it helps but in the right amount and everyday wash (dunno the amount)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #16659 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Hair
For your interest millkins, amount doesn't really matter when you're putting olive oil on your head. We produce our own olive oil at home, so my mother experiments a lot with it. It turns out it's best if you get the whole hair covered in oil, except the roots (so that they don't get oily), then wrap a towel around it (since you don't want it to drip on the floor) and leave it like that for a few hours. If you can leave it like that overnight, and don't wash your hair until the next day, you get really silky hair, but there's a risk of catching a cold or getting your nerves wrecked from the oil on your pillow and bedsheets :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #16675 by scootiebee
I did that once, put olive oil all over my hair, and used a plastic shower cap over it. I was told it was a natural remedy for head lice, and it worked. When my daughter was in kindergarten, her whole class had head lice, and she brought it home to us. Lucky us! It worked out okay, because we were in the process of moving to our current house, and all our stuff had to go into storage for a few months, so every pillow, stuffed animal, etc., lived in plastic bags in storage for three months, and that killed all the lice. But olive oil will make your hair feel wonderful! I just couldn't do it on a regular basis, with all the mess, and smelling like a salad.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds