Show Navigation Menu

Bizzare Things

More
14 years 6 months ago #8173 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Bizzare Things
Ate Pheasant. Did not enjoy it. I'm very picky when it comes to my food. I also hate rabbit! Don't like the taste...

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8174 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Bizzare Things
It depends a lot on how something is prepered and how well the person cocks. You also have to take in account at which age you tried something.
I know that I hated goat and lamb when I was a kid. Couldn't stand the smell of it. But now I like it. When you're a child, your tongue papillae are still intact so you can taste more intensively the food you intake. When you get older those papillae become less sensitive so it's easier for example to eat very spicy and hot dishes.
And with meat, a lot depends on the food the animal eats. I know I still have problems with goats that were eating very \"sour\" grass, not the fine alpine one.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8177 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Bizzare Things
Some things I tried as a child and didn't like, and now they are fine with me. My daughter is still in that phase where strong flavors are hard for her, but we persist, attempting to murder her sense of taste enough to appreciate more foods. There are still, however, a lot of foods I won't touch. Icky!

One strange American food is Buffalo (American Bison), which is bred with cattle to make \"Beefalo\". It is apparently healthier than beef, and much more tender and flavorful. I like it. It is like a better cut of beef.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8205 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Bizzare Things
I want to try rabbit someday. Mmmm

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds