Show Navigation Menu

Bizzare Things

More
14 years 6 months ago #7980 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Bizzare Things
I know for sure we have too many little coffe shops... the proof of that was that Starbucks didn't dare come here, the competition was to big. There's another coffee shop around the corner... always is. At least in town, where every little spot is taken.

Heard we're actually gonna get Starbucks in a year or so tho, but still. Not sure what is Swedish and what is not, but for being such a small country (with little people) we have a lot of things our own, but still much from outside. I know people that get amazed by how much american and english series we have on our tv, and all of it in english! With text of course.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7984 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Bizzare Things
Gravy can also be thickened with cornstarch. It's most basic definition is thickened drippings from beef or poultry. An essential for a roastbeef or Thanksgiving dinner! :)

And you shouldn't worry about not knowing what something is Zenith. Our little order spans the globe so it's natural that everyone isn't going to know every term used. I'm just glad you weren't afraid to ask.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7998 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Bizzare Things
Nox Aeterna wrote:

In my country we eat something called \"patacón\" do you know? is a green plantain fried sliced, is very popular here

is that like a huge green like banana?

wonder if it tastes like fried green tomatoes heheheh

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8006 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Bizzare Things
Oh, thanks for informing me Skie and Cem! I'm not too shy when it comes to asking about something I do not know but I hope it won't be embarassing. Now that I know what gravy is, I sure would ke to give it a try, sounds yummy. We here have a lot of specific local dishes. Like chopped meat rolled into cabbage. It's so tasty, especially with some peppers!

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #8011 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Bizzare Things
i love this phillipino dish Lumpia....like a eggroll but different.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8027 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Bizzare Things
Zenith wrote:

Oh, thanks for informing me Skie and Cem! I'm not too shy when it comes to asking about something I do not know but I hope it won't be embarassing. Now that I know what gravy is, I sure would ke to give it a try, sounds yummy. We here have a lot of specific local dishes. Like chopped meat rolled into cabbage. It's so tasty, especially with some peppers!

We actually have something around here that sounds sort of like that. It's called cabbage rolls. It can have different fillings but most commonly is ground beef and rice rolled up in cabbage leaves and covered in a tomato sauce. It's considered a staple of any restaurant serving Ukranian cuisine here so I'd imagine that it originated in the Ukraine. Either that or someone made it up here . . . :)

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds