Show Navigation Menu

Dating

More
14 years 6 months ago #7688 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Dating
I never really dated my husband. We met in a bar we used to both hang out in a lot (like I went there every night for dinner so I didn't end up cooking for all my house mates who were too lazy to cook for themselves...), and played bar trivia for about a month. Then one night I was in a bad mood, drank too much, and he drove me home. That was April 1996. HA! We have been together ever since. And we always took turns paying for stuff. He took me out to a nice restaurant, then I bought tickets to a concert, and then he would buy tickets to a hockey game, etc. It works out much better that way.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7689 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Dating
scootiebee wrote:

And we always took turns paying for stuff. He took me out to a nice restaurant, then I bought tickets to a concert, and then he would buy tickets to a hockey game, etc. It works out much better that way.

I agree with this!!! Much better option.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7701 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Dating
Sorry to hear about that bad date magnolia. :(
What I always do is start to pay for both of us and if she decides to pay her half then I let her. I personally like it when a girl I'm on a date with speaks up and takes responsibility for her own bill. Not just because I won't have to pay her half, but because that usually means that the woman isn't too shy and will do things her way when she wants to as well as knowing that she's not a cheap skate.
And after quite a few dates with one person I like to switch it up and we'll each take turns paying like said above.

And just to keep this thread moving along I'd like to ask everyone what their ideal date is.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7715 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Dating
My ideal date is anything that doesn't involve kids. HAHAHAH!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7727 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Dating
True

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7730 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Dating
SkieShauphen wrote:

And just to keep this thread moving along I'd like to ask everyone what their ideal date is.

I don't know if you'd call it a \"date\" exactly, but some of most fun days out that my husband and I have are when we go to a few different second-hand book and music stores. As long as we have some time and money to spend, it's a great way to spend a few hours. Usually followed by going for a drive somewhere, and getting something to eat (preferably dessert) in some quiet little restaurant.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds