Show Navigation Menu

Dating

More
14 years 6 months ago #7639 by Aftermidnight
Dating was created by Aftermidnight
So, I had a date today with someone who asked me on one (even if they didn't call it that)(oh and I know the guy is supposed to ask...) and I just wondered what everyone else thinks of dating? As in, spending the day with someone you might fancy just to see if anything works out between the two of you. Has anyone's successful and fulfilling relationship started with a spur-of-the-moment date? Or does anyone have any cringey experiences to tell about?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7647 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Dating
Well, personally I love dating. If I have the money it's one of my favorite things to do with people. I don't even have to really want the girl (sexually) It's just something nice to do. From where I used to live people always asked each other out as a final thingy. Basically you had to be faithful to that one person you asked out and it was just the two of you together and that was that. I hate that. I just enjoy going out on dates to actual places with people. If you're dating someone for a long time and you start to have real feelings for them then you could move on but that's just me.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7663 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Dating
Well, I wouldn't say my husband ever actually asked me out. A mutual friend of ours kept setting up opportunities for him to ask but in the end he more or less told me that I was going to a movie with him. It was kind of cute really.

I'm really slow to trust people so I'm very fond of the idea of dating. It's much more comforting to go out and do some random thing you both enjoy out in public. You get to know eachother in an open situation and if you don't click at least you (hopefully) both had a good time.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7666 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Dating
Exactly my point. Back home if you liked someone you were suppose to ask them out and if it turned out that you hated each others company then you'd have to 'break up' which I thought was dumb. There's a whole Facebook thing and the entire world comes and consoles you like it was a friggin divorce or something. Grow up kids. That's all I had to say.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7674 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Dating
SkieShauphen wrote:

Exactly my point. Back home if you liked someone you were suppose to ask them out and if it turned out that you hated each others company then you'd have to 'break up' which I thought was dumb. There's a whole Facebook thing and the entire world comes and consoles you like it was a friggin divorce or something. Grow up kids. That's all I had to say.

Agreed, the whole \"going out\" and \"breaking up\" is immature. And people acting as if it's the end of the world when they split up. I broke up with my girlfriend of two years but at the end of the day, much as I loved her, we were just teenagers. It's not like we were married.
Actually, it's interesting yo bring up money because as the guy I feel I have to pay for my date's coffee/cinema ticket/lunch or whatever. I'm sure most guys do. But if they refuse do you persevere or do you just let them pay??

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #7682 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Dating
On the paying part: I personally hate it when the guy pays for everything and doesn't want to split the bill or won't let me pay his drink in turn. I always have to listen from my friends that it's better to just let the man pay or you're going to hurt his feelings etc. Pathetic in my opinion.
It's not only on dates, it's the same if I go on a drink with a friend. Won't even let me pay my own part, so I given up of even trying to pay anything.
I only once had a situation when I really had to pay the guys drink. Was more or less a blind date. Urgh! My stomach turns when I remember the agony full 2 hours that I lost with that complete idiot. I thought it wouldn't be fair to the guy to stand up after 10 minutes and walk away so I gave him a chance which he blew up completely. Back to the paying part - He was literally broke, didn't even have 10 HRK (= 2 dollars) to buy a beer or anything but had to call me on a date (I wouldn't even call it a date). Didn't have a problem ordering something twice more expensive then I was having and letting me pay. Even the barman was looking at him crossly when he saw I was paying...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds