Show Navigation Menu

Mobile Phones

More
13 years 11 months ago #21283 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
I don't use texting as a form of communication, but it really bugs me when people use text-talk in regular emails. I have a couple of co-workers who write \"u\" instead of \"you\", and it just looks weird to me.

I'm quite picky about spelling, punctuation, capital letters, etc., in emails and this forum (wish it had a spell-check though!). But when I use an instant messenger program, that seems to go right out the window. I still try my best, but I don't worry so much about it then for some reason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21288 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
Morgana wrote:

I'm quite picky about spelling, punctuation, capital letters, etc., in emails and this forum (wish it had a spell-check though!). But when I use an instant messenger program, that seems to go right out the window. I still try my best, but I don't worry so much about it then for some reason.

Try downloading Opera, it's an internet browser which has automatic spell-check and generally it's one of the best browsers around. Makes my life a lot easier. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21290 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
Morgana wrote:

I don't use texting as a form of communication, but it really bugs me when people use text-talk in regular emails. I have a couple of co-workers who write \"u\" instead of \"you\", and it just looks weird to me.

:laugh: Ahh I'm the same - Very picky over punctuation etc..Even in messenger. Friends of mine recognise me instantly due to my typing style.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21296 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

:laugh: Ahh I'm the same - Very picky over punctuation etc..Even in messenger. Friends of mine recognise me instantly due to my typing style.

The only reason I misspell a lot of words while using an instant messenger is because I type really fast and I just hit enter as fast as I can so that the other person doesn't wait too long for a reply. Mostly I just turn around letters in a word, so it doesn't even get noticed, but if I type something totally wrong, I correct myself even before the other person manages to reply. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21299 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
For you texters...do you prefer the phones with a keyboard or do you find the original 9 buttons with multiple letters a better typing pad?

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21307 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
SkieShauphen wrote:

For you texters...do you prefer the phones with a keyboard or do you find the original 9 buttons with multiple letters a better typing pad?

I'm not too bothered, but personally, I like the looks of an original 9 button pad. It just looks simpler, neater, and not like some company's trying to stuff too many features into a small device.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds