Show Navigation Menu

Mobile Phones

More
13 years 11 months ago #21111 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
Envy wrote:

Supposedly, you sleep better if you switch off mobile phones in your room before you sleep.

My friend tried it and apparently she slept better, however, it could've just been the placebo effect. I haven't tried as I use my phone as an alarm anyway.

You can still try that out as the alarm will go off even if the phone is turned off. Snooze also works, the phone just turns itself back off and rings the alarm again after some period of time...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21119 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
Envy wrote:

Supposedly, you sleep better if you switch off mobile phones in your room before you sleep.

My friend tried it and apparently she slept better, however, it could've just been the placebo effect. I haven't tried as I use my phone as an alarm anyway.

I've heard that it's the glow from the screen that affects your sleep patterns. For example if you're texting, or reading something on your phone just before you go to sleep, then your brain interprets that light as a signal to stay alert.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21149 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
Morgana wrote:

Envy wrote:

I've heard that it's the glow from the screen that affects your sleep patterns. For example if you're texting, or reading something on your phone just before you go to sleep, then your brain interprets that light as a signal to stay alert.

Oh, that's interesting. My doctor said that I shouldn't be on the laptop so late because of something like that..Something about the activity in your brain remaining high..

I don't think my alarm goes off when my phone's off. I'll give it a go if I can find batteries for my other alarm clock.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21156 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
My cell phone is simply to call for emergencies or to relay messages. Although, I started texting for the first time a week ago and I love it. Now I understand why so many people do it. I believe it's rather silly to have evolved with our telecommunications so far only to revert back to the telegraph...but oh well.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21160 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
SkieShauphen wrote:

My cell phone is simply to call for emergencies or to relay messages. Although, I started texting for the first time a week ago and I love it. Now I understand why so many people do it. I believe it's rather silly to have evolved with our telecommunications so far only to revert back to the telegraph...but oh well.

Oh, I was the same. I still type out my texts in full though. Not really falling for the whole 'text talk' thing. I can't understand a word and sometimes messages can be so ambiguous.

It's so funny when friends of mine use predicted text and send me weird messages without knowing..A friend once meant to text: \"I'd do anything to be home right now.\" but with predicted, it came out as \"I'd do anything to be good right now\"..

I was pretty creeped out at first, but it was a good laugh afterwards. :woohoo:

More
13 years 11 months ago #21168 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
I also type out everything in full and fortunately my friends do too! I loathe when people use \"text talk\", I refuse to answer to such messages. I also hate it when I get those chain-messages or when I see someone forwarded me one of those soppy messages for my birthday (when you clearly see they didn't write it themselves). yuck! I rather have a plain \"happy b-day\" or \"happy new year\" or \"something\" then one of these essays where someone is wishing me the world and I know that person couldn't rhyme or write decently to save his life.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds