Show Navigation Menu

Mobile Phones

More
13 years 11 months ago #20416 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
I use my GSM like a... Phone?... :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20441 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
I use my mobile for calls, text messages, alarm clock, clock (I really need to buy a wrist watch!), reminder and sometimes also as a walkman. I only take pictures if I really have to, but generally I often forget about that option of my phone... I prefer regular cameras.

I agree with Envy about people playing music out loud on their mobile phones! It's dreadfull!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20468 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
black_magnolia wrote:

I use my mobile for calls, text messages, alarm clock, clock (I really need to buy a wrist watch!), reminder and sometimes also as a walkman. I only take pictures if I really have to, but generally I often forget about that option of my phone... I prefer regular cameras.

I agree with Envy about people playing music out loud on their mobile phones! It's dreadfull!

:P I use mine as a clock/alarm clock to get rid of the need for a wrist watch. My usual alarms operated by battery etc. always run out, leading to me running late/oversleeping a lot. I always forget my wrist watch too, so I got to the stage where I thought: \"I can't be bothered with a wrist watch anymore, I'll just use my phone\".

These days, my wrist watch is only used when I have exams, because usually I'm near the back of the hall and I can't see the clock at the front.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20506 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
I use my phone for internet, texting, taking pictures (I never remember to bring my \"real\" camera, which is too heavy and big to haul everywhere (it is an SLR, so very bulky), playing games when I get bored, oh, and for making phone calls. It is also a great clock, because I always forget to wear my watch. I don't have music on it. I have an ipod for that. The sound quality is bad enough on an ipod, on the phone it is worthlessly abysmal. Oh, and when I go to a NASCAR race, the phone is a scanner to listen in to the driver communications. I have Sprint, which in the U.S. sponsors Nascar, and they have a program on the phone to listen in live to all the team radio communications. It is a lot of fun. I even use it at home, sometimes. It is a drain on the battery, though.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21062 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
I mostly use my cell phone as a back-up alarm clock, in case I sleep through my regular alarm. I take it with me when I go out in case I need to make an emergency phone call, but otherwise it's for incoming calls only, for my work. I'd never bother having one just for personal reasons.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21107 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
Supposedly, you sleep better if you switch off mobile phones in your room before you sleep.

My friend tried it and apparently she slept better, however, it could've just been the placebo effect. I haven't tried as I use my phone as an alarm anyway.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds