Show Navigation Menu

Mobile Phones

More
14 years 6 months ago #7487 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Cell Phones
I agree with you Scootie on the matter of a real emergency and somewhat on the keeping in touch with friends part, but there is a limit to that also. I remember a time when you didn't have a cell and when you agreed to meet someone for coffee you had to be there on time, there was no calling and telling that you're be late and he/she should already go sit in the bar and wait you there or any derivation of that. You also couldn't cancel such meetings on short notice like you can now. You couldn't call somebody at any time. You had to figure out if the person was home and then call on the land line.
I also think that because of cell phones and also Internet, people don't make the effort anymore to see someone in person. I know that nowadays I have a lot of problems with meeting friends, always there's something \"more important\" and I find myself calling them or texting that I can't make it, see you some other day or they do the same to me.
Communicating over the phone or net isn't the same as talking with a person which is breathing right beside you. I sometimes end up cracking myself up with laughter while instant messaging with a friend, but it's millions time better when we start laughing our asses off in a bar together with everybody staring at you like your loony. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7491 by 2girls1corpse
Replied by 2girls1corpse on topic Re:Cell Phones
Such social-mobilization ideas are intriguing

More
14 years 6 months ago #7605 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Cell Phones
The only one I talk to by phone is my boy, who lives miles from me. I don't like to talk over phone, because I know that most of the conversations isn't the words you speak, and I live by that. As i got a hard time normally to be social with people, it's even harder on the phone, as you can hear the person but don't know how they feel. On internet, or while texting, you don't have to ask right away (like this forum) like you hve in a phone. So i usually text people or talk to them by msn, as I really don't like to talk by phone... it's too scary.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #7695 by 2girls1corpse
Replied by 2girls1corpse on topic Re:Cell Phones
So you prefer to \"mask\" your responses?

More
13 years 11 months ago #20406 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic GSM (mobile?)
Bonjour sisters & brothers members of TOOA,

Do you have a cell phone? What do you do?
Because many people have with their phone habits that go far beyond telephony. They listen to music, play and take pictures.
Today cell phones are a thousand and one possibilities which are either practical or completely useless ...

Where do you stand on this new market, what do you think?

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20412 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:GSM (mobile?)
Hmm..

I only use my phone for the calendar options, clock, alarm clock and the typical calls and texting.

I used to take pictures, but since my phone crapped out and started to refuse to transfer images to my laptop, I've stopped.

I can't STAND using a phone for music, and I hate it when other people use phones to play music out loud. It sounds extremely tinny, the quality is utter crap and around here, I just view 'gangsters' playing music out loud as a territorial thing. They seem to enjoy taking up as much public space as possible.

I just use my walkman/MP4.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds