Show Navigation Menu

Mobile Phones

More
14 years 6 months ago #7381 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Cell Phones
I've come to enjoy the funny looks I get when I tell someone I don't have a cell phone. They seem to think I've been living under a rock somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7396 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Cell Phones
I know what you mean cem. It was just like that for me before I got mine.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7449 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Cell Phones
As I'm still young, but not too young, I've been raised with a cellphone, but I wasn't born with one. Seeing 7year-olds with mobiles and full controll of what they're doing, sitting in the bus... I don't like it, but hell, I guess the parents see it as a gift from god when it comes to watching over kids, as scootiebie said (well, not really, but kinda the same point... I hope)

I need my phone, as I got a boy on the other side (kinda...) of the country, and hearing his voice is a good thing when he's not around. I also text him, and friend when I feel the need or want to meet them, but usually don't do it more then I have to.

Used to have two, as one I got from my family with a contract, but it was too expencive after a while and then changed to a phone with which I could call my boy for 0kr/hour. Really took down the monthly outcome...
Now the contract has worn off, and I got myself a new phone from my aunt (I owe her one) which is now the only one I'm using. Feels a bit weird, as I for a pretty long time had one for friends and one for my boy, but it's cool :cheer:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #7466 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Cell Phones
I've started leavin my cell at home whenevern I go somewhere and turning it off when I'm at home. It's liberating! :lol: I think phones should be used only in case of need. And though it is a great way to supervise your child when you're not there, I think I won't give my child a cell when I'll have one. [sure, that's what I say now,but minds can change:) ] I grew up without one and my mom never freaked out when I was late from school and stuff like that. But now if she cals my cell or texts me and I won't answer for a few hours she goes berzerk, thinking that something bad may have happend to me :huh:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #7468 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Cell Phones
Zenith wrote:

I've started leavin my cell at home whenevern I go somewhere and turning it off when I'm at home. It's liberating! :lol: I think phones should be used only in case of need. And though it is a great way to supervise your child when you're not there, I think I won't give my child a cell when I'll have one. [sure, that's what I say now,but minds can change:) ] I grew up without one and my mom never freaked out when I was late from school and stuff like that. But now if she cals my cell or texts me and I won't answer for a few hours she goes berzerk, thinking that something bad may have happend to me :huh:

The same thing with my mom! I once had my cell on silent while being with a friend in town on a coffee, she knew where I was and with whom, it wasn't evening or night, sometime around noon, and she freaked! I had some 20 unanswered calls and 13 messages! I asked her why she freaked, and her answer was so lame - like it was very hot and she knew that I don't do well with sunshine so she started to think I got dizzy, maybe had an accident etc. :S I would have understood if she was calling me because it was 4 in the morning, I was out partying etc., not when I was out in the middle of the day just to have coffee with a friend!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7479 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Cell Phones
I hope I am not that mom, that will call Lulu 25 times a day just because I am worried. I am not much like that now, but I like knowing that if she was in trouble, or had a need, she could call me. If there was a problem, it is good she has the phone. Plus, a lot of her friends are getting them now, and they like texting each other. I figure it is also good communication skills practice. They don't have a lot to say over the phone, but texting is also helpful with spelling (if they are doing it right), and learning about human interaction. Probably that is stretching it a bit, but she keeps in touch with several of her friends that have moved from the area. Without texting, they would have lost touch. It is nice to see her trying to maintain friendships like that.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds